Friday, May 25, 2012

Maybe I should change the name of this blog...

...to Xul's Weird-ass Dream Blog.

I had another extreme doozy of a dream last night. So extreme that I'm not going to share the details. I'll just say that when someone in a dream tells me a specific piece of information, I usually go and do a web search to see exactly what it is.

In my dream last night, someone mentioned that they were reading The Kiss. Well, I've never heard of that. I'm not much of a reader other than what I read on the intertubes, so it's not very likely that I would have seen it at a library or book store so that it could get sent down the memory hole. I'd swear on a stack of Bibles that I have never heard of The Kiss.

So I searched it and found two books fitting that title: one about incest and the other one which was a short story by Anton Chekhov. In the context of my dream, the Chekhov story seemed to be the one being referenced. So I went and read it. It was only 20 pages. Like I said before, how the hell can I possibly have dreams where I'm given specific information that I've literally never heard of before? And how the hell can it be in the correct context? It's freakin' creepy.

And BTW, does anyone know of someone who uses the screen name "Sasquatch"?

7 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Sorry, but I'm feeling a bit under the weather ATM. Will respond at a later time.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Feel better lieveling. ::Knuffelen::

Saturday, May 26, 2012 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 9:42:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Okay, I'm good now. :)


I have read the Chekhov story. I had no idea Russian literature was so accessible. I get what the story is about. I guess I kinda recognised myself in the main character. It's damn frustrating too.

does anyone know of someone who uses the screen name "Sasquatch"?

Nope, never heard of this person.


BTW where *does* the title in your blog refer to?

Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Glad you are feeling better. Is it a cold or something? Are you getting enough sunlight?

I guess I kinda recognized myself in the main character. That's why the dream was so weird. You were telling me in the dream that "Sasquatch" told you that you should stop reading that story because that was never going to happen for you. And I told you in the dream that you shouldn't listen to Sasquatch. And like I said before, I had never heard of that story and when I read it online it freaked me out because of the context.

BTW where *does* the title in your blog refer to? I don't quite know what you mean. Ya mean, *what* does it refer to? Just the sort of good/evil, yin/yang duality, inner struggle with myself, play on words type thing. I thought it was a clever title at the time.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:58:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Are you getting enough sunlight?

Funny you should ask that. We've had an extraordinary amount of sunlight the past week.
I'm not used to that, dammit. I just felt very, very tired Saturday.

"Sasquatch"

Hm, I remember telling you a very short story in an email. It featured some Sasquatches/Bigfoots.
The human memory can be tricky to deal with.

Ya mean, *what* does it refer to?

Yes. :/ A freak Dutchism popped into my sentence there.

Monday, May 28, 2012 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Good, good. Very important that sunlight. Must get that vitamin D! And I'd hate to think that if you were nekkid in a dark room under a black light that there would be some psychedelic glowing! ;P

I remember telling you a very short story in an email. It featured some Sasquatches/Bigfoots Hmmm, I'll have to look through my emails.

A freak Dutchism No prob. American Engish has lots of freak Dutchisms. Those are the best kind! :)

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home