Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Would Probably Say Yes


Did anyone see this? I saw it last week but I didn't get around to posting about it until today because I was busy with the Ferengi and my OUAT obsession. I think that is super cool! I want! And any dude willing to do that is very likely a keeper. I know that a hardcore sci-fi/fantasy geek like me would be highly impressed and more than likely smitten. I consider this a winning wooing technique(WWT). The only thing that would have been cooler is if the dude had retrieved the meteorite material himself like the way Terry Pratchett did for his sword.

The first time I saw that I knew that I needed one. I've personally seen two meteorites fall. One near the Everglades and one a few blocks from my house. Too bad I didn't see the actual impact spots or I would have retrieved those bad boys! I'm going to have to put "retrieve meteorite" on my bucket list so I can make it into something awesome. I guess a trip to Arizona or New Mexico is in my future.
*
*
*
*
I just re-read the article at the first link and noticed this:

"The little lady didn't want a chunky space ring, although a companion was offered."

WTF?!!!!! Seriously? Is she fucking crazy? That dude needs to find another "little lady" who would appreciate the awesomeness of a ring hand-forged from A FREAKIN' METEORITE! Sheesh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

I guess she wanted diamonds?

American women do seem to have very specific ideas about weddings. That's according to the sitcom stereotype.

I don't really care about marriage or weddings. I mean, I have nothing against either but what's the point? A tax benefit?

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

As long as I can remember, since I was a very, very small child, I had no interest in getting married(probably because of the stellar examples around me /sarc) and I've never been interested in weddings. Seems like a horrible form of torture to me. But now that I'm getting older I do think about the subject on occasion.

I'm not into diamonds, they bore me(there might be a pun in there! LOL). And I don't like the standard type engagement ring. Yawny, yawny. *If* (and that's a BIG if)it was to happen, I'd certainly appreciate the uniqueness of a meteorite ring and a dude so geeky to hand forge one.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

That ring would be a nice accessory to a chainmail wedding dress. Might be a little heavy though. ;)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I like the way you think, Arekino! :)

And wedding pics at some wicked awesome looking castle FTW! ;P

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home