Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another Weird Dream and Two Good Deeds


I had another weird one last night. I dreamt that I was coming out of Publix and I noticed that the shops across the street had been converted into a Home and Garden center. Then I went over there to go get a job from them. In typical dream fashion, there's no application and interview process; ya just go over there and now suddenly you work there. So the other people who worked there were being unhelpful the way most people are with new employees. I never did understand why peeps are like that. Why would you be unhelpful to a new employee and not let them know what their duties are on a job?

Anyway, so I remember that there was one of those big floor mats that businesses put at the entryway so people can wipe their wet feet on when they come in except it wasn't at the entry it was just in the middle of the floor. It looked like a new mat and the fabric was slick and when I stepped on it I slipped and busted my ass. So I'm laying there and suddenly my mother was there saying something about 'did I hurt my ankle.' No, I busted my ass! So I was laying there thinking, "This is just great. Get hurt on the very first day and I won't be able to collect unemployment because I just started here." Then I just got up because my ass didn't hurt any more and I felt just fine.

So then the other workers were moving some bins around and I asked one of them where I could get a jack so I could help and I was just ignored some more. Then I noticed that the bins were all arranged around in a sort of square shape and all the bins had green vegetables. All kinds of green vegetables. Then one dude, I guess he was a manager or something, said that they needed to consult someone with a degree in physics for...I don't remember what he said. Then I told him that I took physics in high school if that was any help but he just looked at me like I was some sort of a loony. And that's all I remember about that.

Now for the good deeds. I had to go to the post office and when I parked in the front, I noticed that there was an old dude in a motorized wheel chair on the walkway. People were just walking past him like he wasn't there. It was obvious that he was trying to get in the door but people here are such bastards that they wouldn't even get the door for the guy. So when I got out of my car, I went up to the guy and asked him if he wanted to go in. "Oh yes!" he said. So I opened the door and held it open from the inside until he got in. Then I asked him if he need to go into the full service area. Yes again. Then he said, "Thank you, miss!" He seemed shocked yet grateful that I was helping him. It's simply amazing how people treat the elderly so poorly.

Now good deed #2. I had to go to the store and when I was going through the checkout line, the girl was supposed to give me 3 cents change back but somehow had a brain fart or something and entered the wrong amount in the register and was giving me back $2.02. So I told her that I gave $20.25, just give me the 3 cents. She seemed utterly shocked that I was honest and didn't rip her off for $2. I guess I'm the last honest person in these parts. I had another cashier give me back $10 too much one time and I gave it back. He thanked me immensely because he could have gotten fired. He said that I was the only honest person he ever saw. That's a real shame, isn't it? Well, let's hope I've earned some good karma. I sure could use some good fortune.

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Hmmmm, #twists end of imaginary mustache# the dream seems to be mostly about support, acceptance, appreciation and not getting any of that. #strokes imaginary goatee between thumb and forefinger# Does this reflect your situation in real life to any extent?

It's simply amazing how people treat the elderly so poorly.

Geesh, how could they not just lend a hand? I wonder what people were thinking? "If I help him now then he'll never learn how to do that by himself" ??? Or maybe they were just nervous that he'd get hurt and that he'd sue them?

Well, let's hope I've earned some good karma.

Do good deeds that go around, come around? I like to think so. :)
It's nice when people appreciate what you do for them.

Hey, you still use single cents in the US? Over here we just round up or down to the nearest 5 cents. We got rid of the 1 cent coin over a decade ago.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Does this reflect your situation in real life to any extent? Sure. That makes sense. I also read that all the green vegetables can signify monotony. It's like Groundhog Day around here(but without Sonny and Cher on the alarm clock every morning ;P)

I can't begin to try to get inside the thinking of the morons around here, since most of them don't seem to think at all, but usually there is a very long line inside the full service area so if someone stopped to help the old guy it would mean there would be 4 or 5 more people jumping in front of them. These people around here truly have a dog eat dog mentality. It's very sickening to behold.

Do good deeds that go around, come around? I like to think so. :) I'd like to think so, too.

If the govt. even tried to stop using pennies there would be mass outrage. We're such traditionalists in many ways and people would see it as being ripped off by the govt. in yet another small way. They've been trying it over the years with introducing different dollar coins and everyone hates them. They are usually viewed as a collector's item and not as real money.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:32:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

These people around here truly have a dog eat dog mentality.

Aren't these people locals? From the same culture that you grew up in?
How come you seem different then?

Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Aren't these people locals? From the same culture that you grew up in? Nope. Not many Americans of European descent around these parts any more. The people who are here now have a very different "culture" for lack of a better word. Mostly a lack thereof.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home