Saturday, May 19, 2012

General Bitching


I really, really, really hate the weather here during the summer. I have no idea why people choose this insect infested, humid, hot as hell swamp as a vacation destination. It has been raining damn near every day since the month of May...Ha! There is no let up in sight. It will likely be raining until October. If I want to go outside, I need my dive mask, snorkel, and flippers. Looks like I'll be spending my summer indoors playing on the interwebs.

Right now I'm playing on the interwebs and drinking an Amstel Light. I am watching my figure so that you will watch my figure! LOL

My dad was right when he said that peeps from the old country came here and picked the place that most resembled where they left. I just checked the weatherbug and surprise, surprise! The old country has the same pissing down rain tonight! Except it's 20 degrees cooler over there. I'd rather have that.

Hey! Looks like I was right about it raining until October! Look at this graphic:


I think we are in for 'more than typical' this year. Weatherbug says there's already been 6.18" so far this May.

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

It's a pity you don't like the weather. Does everyone in Florida think about it that way? What do Floridans do for fun during the summer? Or maybe they all leave Florida? Or maybe it's just Miami?


I am watching my figure so that you will watch my figure!

Well, I'll need to bring out my funcky giant binoculars then and figure out a way to look round the Earth's curvature.

How does this relate to your super comfy bed wearing out BTW?

Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:21:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Does everyone in Florida think about it that way? Yes! Bitching about the weather is a favorite activity here. Bitch when it's hot, bitch when it's cold, bitch when it's wet, bitch when it's dry. I usually only bitch when it's very hot or been raining for 3 weeks straight.

What do Floridians do for fun during the summer? Dodge lightning strikes! ;P Or maybe they all leave Florida? That's the goal if you are able.

figure out a way to look round the Earth's curvature Maybe you could rig up some giant mirrors to a hot air balloon or something. :)

How does this relate to your super comfy bed wearing out BTW? It doesn't. Not one bit. I got distracted by the awful weather. I'll try to get around to that post tonight. ;)

Sunday, May 20, 2012 11:37:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

That's the goal if you are able.

Hmm, that doesn't explain all the old peeps moving there.

Maybe you could rig up some giant mirrors to a hot air balloon or something.

LOL I had exactly the same idea.

Sunday, May 20, 2012 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

If you are born up North, you dream of retiring to Florida. If you are born in Florida you dream of being anywhere but here. The funny thing is, a lot of peeps retire here and then find that they can't handle the heat and humidity so they move halfway back to North Carolina where they are then known as "Half-Backs" LOL.

I had exactly the same idea. Great minds think alike! ;P

Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home