Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Q&A

Since I've temporarily ran out of material for the blog, I've opened it up for Q&A.  Reminds me a bit of Prime Minister's Q&A except with coherent questions and answers and only one questioner.  ;P

Okay then!  First question from the gentleman in the Harlequin suit!

Q:  Let's see. Something work related? 

A:  Nah, got nothin' there as I haven't worked in ages.  What else, Harlequin Ninja?

Q:  Or maybe you've met some odd people when shopping?

A:  Oh, there are lots of odd people out there when shopping.  I try to avoid them, though.  Oh!  I did have an incident at the home improvement store last week.  I went in to get another drain for the kitchen sink just so I'd have it should I need it.  So, when I get up front to pay, there was one register open with at least eleventy million peeps in line and four self check registers.  No brainer!  I went for the self check. 

There was already one guy in the self check area and when I went to go in there he said that the register he was at wasn't working.  Okay, there are three others.  The one that had a sign for "cash only" appeared to be working, and since I was paying with cash, that would be perfect.  So I go up to it and push start and scan my item.  It seemed to be working.  I pushed the button to finish and pay and started to feed my money in.  It took my first bill and then spit it out.  So I tried with a dollar bill.  It took it and then it would not register the amount.

Then one of the employees shouts across the hills to me that 'it's not working'.  Okay, at this point I was pissed because the machine ate my money.  Then another employee comes up to tell me that it's not working.  Yeah, I can see that.  Now what about my money?  Then the security guy comes up to me to tell me it's not working.  At this point I was fucking livid and flipping out.  I think I said something to the effect that if you know the machines aren't working then why do you keep letting people come in here?  And how am I going to get my money back?  He says something about someone will have to open the machine for me to get my money.  Well, where is this person?  Is there a manager around?  How long is that going to take?  Blank stare.

At that point yet another employee stealthily comes and closes off the self check area with one of those accordion-type gates that they use at that store, thus corralling me in.  Now I'm extra livid!  I escape from the corral and storm up to the "customer service" area.  There were a couple customers in line waiting to be helped so I queued up and waited, still fuming.  Then a nice young lady who had been working the 'returns' register came up and asked if anyone wanted to pay for an item.  I told her 'yes' and what had happened at the self check.  She didn't say a word except to come over to the returns register and she'd ring me out.  Then she asked if I was telling her a true story.  I said yes, why would I be lying over a dollar and showed her the cash that I had out.  She rung up the item and the total equaled the amount that I had out minus a dollar, so she just entered the original amount that I was paying with and then gave me my change.  Oy!  Everything always has to be an ordeal with peeps at these stores who don't know how to make an executive decision.  Anyway, this was kinda a milestone in my self-improvement journey as I used to be very timid with the social anxiety.  This time, I was quite commanding and not going to let these people bullshit me around.

Q:  Have you had interesting conversations with friends (other than me) lately?

A:  Well, not quite.  I had an interesting exchange via FB regarding the atrocious color that the nabes next door have painted the front of the house.  I have described it as Electric Neon Lox.  This set off many responses.  LOL

Q:  How's the exercising going?

A:  Like it always goes.  I try to do my regular routine a couple times per week.  I think I'm in pretty good shape for my age.  :)

Q:  What was that re-writing traumatic memories all about?

A:  Don't know.  I haven't located that article yet.  I'll have to go back into my web history and see if I can spot it.

Q:  How's Florida doing?

A:  Crazy as ever.  We're supposed to be getting a "cold front"  in the next few days.  The temperature should be going down by a degree or two according to the weather peeps.  :::rolls eyes::: 

Q:  Seen any good movies lately?

A:  Nope.

Q:  Have you ever thought of dying your hair purple?

A:  I have a spray can of purple temporary hair dye as a matter of fact.  I was wondering how it would look to dye just the roots that are growing out white and leave the rest dark.  It would be an interesting look, methinks.  ;P

Q:  Have you ever had a nickname?

A:  Yes.  Several over the years.

Q:  Do you think the person who leaves behind the poo is someone you know?

A:  No.

Q:  If you could travel back in time and take one thing with you, what would it be?

A:  That would depend on which period of time I was going back to.

Okay then!  That concludes today's Q&A with Xul!  Thank you for participating!  ;P

17 Comments:

Blogger Xul said...

Q: What was that re-writing traumatic memories all about?

I found it! It's the article dated Wednesday, October 09, 2013 at the top of the page. It's loooooong and I haven't had time to read it yet.

http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com/search?q=that%27s+a+file

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:48:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Reminds me a bit of Prime Minister's Q&A

I didn't know you have Prime Ministers in the US.

I used to be very timid with the social anxiety.

Maybe it helped to be extra livid this time? ;P

We're supposed to be getting a "cold front" in the next few days.

While that is satifying to hear, I was actually wondering about Florida in general, not just the weather.

It would be an interesting look, methinks. ;P

Creative, at the very least. :)

A: That would depend on which period of time I was going back to.

Ah, right. Let's say you're going back to the stone age, the dawn of (wo)man.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:56:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I didn't know you have Prime Ministers in the US.

We don't. But C-Span used to put British goings-on as programming sometimes. The times when they'd have House of Commons videos were especially entertaining(especially when Betty Boothroyd was involved). ;P

I was actually wondering about Florida in general, not just the weather.

You will have to be more specific as there is an almost endless amount of topics. I'd hardly know where to start.

Ah, right. Let's say you're going back to the stone age, the dawn of (wo)man

I'd have to think about that one and get back to you. :)

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

You will have to be more specific

I guess I was thinking about the economy. But as there's not much work for you out there, I suppose the Florida economy still isn't doing too well. What about entertainment? Has Florida become more or less entertaining? :)

I'd have to think about that one and get back to you. :)

Okay, take your time. :P

You know what? OUAT will be on tonight and I haven't forgotten about it. ;)

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:39:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Let's say you're going back to the stone age

Okay, I got it! How about the recipe for making steel? ;P

as there's not much work for you out there

In all fairness, there's probably *something* that I could get a job doing, I just haven't put much effort into looking.

What about entertainment? Has Florida become more or less entertaining? :)

Now that depends on what you consider entertaining. There's always lots of mayhem going on, from crime to the what seems like a weekly occurrence of water main breakages. Oh! there was the thing with the "Spring Tides" last week. The sun, moon, and earth were in perfect alignment and caused the high tides to be higher than usual. Some places along the coast like Miami Beach had the tidal water coming up through the storm drains and flooding out a lot of the streets down there.

You know what? OUAT will be on tonight and I haven't forgotten about it. ;)

Yay! I guess that will be episodes 3 & 4? Lady of the Lake and The Crocodile. IIRC, you missed the first episode where Rump tried to kill Regina with a soul-sucking wraith. That was actually a pretty good one.

Episode #5, The Doctor is reeeeeally good, so don't miss that one! :)

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:57:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

I guess that will be episodes 3 & 4?

These episodes had a Doctor Whale in one and a giant in the other. Are you sure about the order of the episodes? There don't seem to be any continuity issues from my point of view.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:36:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Hmmm, I guess you are a bit farther along than what I calculated. Sounds like 2.05 "The Doctor" and 2.06 "Tallahassee".

There don't seem to be any continuity issues from my point of view.

So you did get to see the one where Rump tried to kill Regina with the wraith? I thought you said you had forgotten that the series was on and missed an ep or part of one?

Anyway, there's lots of Cora mayhem for season 2. Barbara Hershey was pretty good in that role IMO.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:56:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

How about the recipe for making steel? ;P

Hm, for making swords and knives? Or spoons and forks? Or pins and needles?

Even with the recipe it would not be easy to make steel. You'd have to mine iron ore first. Then build an oven. Then invent the occupation of blacksmith. You'd need a lot of help from the primitives, I think.

flooding out a lot of the streets down there.

Does that happen often? Does the flood ever leave any interesting things (fish, treasure) ?

So you did get to see the one where Rump tried to kill Regina with the wraith?

Sorry, I ain't seen no ghost. I don't really know what I missed. Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk. :)
Regina really seems to be trying to be a good person after losing most of her magical powers.

I'm just going to enjoy me some The Mentalist and Elementary now. :)

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Hm, for making swords and knives? Or spoons and forks? Or pins and needles?

I was thinking for all the metal bits that make the modern world a happy place. ;P

it would not be easy to make steel.

It's actually not as complicated as you are making it out to be. I've seen it done in the "primitive" fashion. It's a fairly simple process.

You'd need a lot of help from the primitives, I think.

I think the best course of action would be avoiding the primitives. Of course, I'd likely be worshiped as a goddess if discovered. ;P ;D

With all the knowledge contained in my head, it would definitely be an interesting experiment. ;P

Does that happen often?

It's not really that rare of an occurrence. It has been happening for as long as I can remember. Every few years or so when the variables are just right, the flooding will happen. It doesn't last long, though. When the tides go back out, the water recedes.

Does the flood ever leave any interesting things (fish, treasure) ?

None that I'm aware of.

Regina really seems to be trying to be a good person after losing most of her magical powers.

Not to worry, that doesn't last long. ;D

Hey Arekino, do you ever get sex dreams? I've had the damn things for 3 days in a row. The Monday night one was like a full length gangster/action/thriller movie. Tuesday night, not too good. But last night...:)...much better! Of course, Ma Nature arrived for her little visit today so I shouldn't have been surprised. Stupid hormones! :::shakes fist:::

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:44:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

do you ever get sex dreams?

Not a lot. But then I don't dream a lot. The last time I had a sex dream may have been during adolescence, I think. The first time was when I was about 13. I needed a change of underwear that morning. ;)

The Monday night one was like a full length gangster/action/thriller movie.

You wouldn't possibly be able to turn that dream into a script and send it to some Hollywood producer, would you? ;P

Stupid hormones! :::shakes fist:::

Do those come in a bottle by any chance? I'd like me some of those dreams. ;P

(but not so much the cramps :( )

Friday, October 25, 2013 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I needed a change of underwear that morning. ;)

At least there was a happy ending! ;P

You wouldn't possibly be able to turn that dream into a script and send it to some Hollywood producer, would you?

I've *thankfully* forgotten most of it. There was a raid on an embassy, a bunch of gangsters, and one named Fat Tony. :/ I woke up thinking WTF?

Do those come in a bottle by any chance? I'd like me some of those dreams. ;P

I'm pretty sure you *can* get them in a bottle, I'm just not sure you want to be taking lady hormones. Might not have the desired effect! ;P

(but not so much the cramps :( )

Stupid Ma Nature is being a tease. I thought we were on for yesterday, then nothing much happened. Now today, I'm starting to get the pre-festivities cramping, but still waiting for the main event. I checked the calendar and it's a bit early. So annoying.

I was having such a good sleep this morning that I didn't want to get up. Do you ever sleep so good that you just want to stay in bed?

Are you on for child wrangling this weekend or are their parentals taking a break on their fun? ;P

Friday, October 25, 2013 1:56:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Do you ever sleep so good that you just want to stay in bed?

That's how I wake up pretty much every morning. I hate getting out of my warm bed. But I manage, eventually. :P

Are you on for child wrangling this weekend or are their parentals taking a break on their fun? ;P

Possibly no wrangling, I'm not entirely sure what the plans are. The Maternal Parent Unit has taken the youngest offspring to an inn in Arnhem for the weekend. The Paternal Parent Unit, who is home alone with the other two Infantile Units, may still call me, the Babysit Unit, for nightly service.

And how are you looking forward to your weekend, dear Xul?

Friday, October 25, 2013 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I hate getting out of my warm bed.

What is the weather situation? Probably what I'd consider good sleeping weather! ;P

to an inn in Arnhem

Arnhem?!? Every time I hear that name I automatically think of the massive clusterfuck called Operation Market Garden(cuz I'm a militaria nerd like that! ;P). What the heck are they doing there? WW2 reenacting? Maybe parachuting in? Taking the bridge? (That should be a piece of cake now as there shouldn't be any Germans there shooting at 'em!) ;P

And how are you looking forward to your weekend, dear Xul?

I had to do the grocery circuit--Gino's, Penn Dutch, Winn Dixie, and Sam's(Friday evening). Now I'm watching some MMA. I think there's some MMA on tomorrow night as well. Then OUAT for Sunday. I used to work and make moolah on the weekends. Now I watch MMA and OUAT. :::shrugs:::

Friday, October 25, 2013 9:53:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

What is the weather situation?

Somewhat unstable but today was oddly warm for the time of the year.

What the heck are they doing there?

Well, one thing they told me they'd do is go to the zoo there. I don't know what else they planned.

Now I watch MMA and OUAT. :::shrugs:::

I'm sure this too shall pass. Hopefully any change will be for the better. But you're not bored then?

Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

go to the zoo

Okay, that sounds good. At least it is not a bridge too far. (Sorry, couldn't resist! ;P)

But you're not bored then?

Oh, it's very boring. It sucks being the Queen of Hearts' captive. :/

At least a previous client called to confirm a thing for next month. Not nearly enough, though. :(

Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:40:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

It sucks being the Queen of Hearts' captive. :/

Off with her head then! ;P (Or steal her heart :)

But seriously, there has to be something you can do to keep yourself busy?

Not nearly enough, though. :(

Still, better than nothing and something to look forward to. Possibly an opportunity for more work.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Or steal her heart

She doesn't have one. She's just like Cora on OUAT as you'll see later in season 2.

But seriously, there has to be something you can do to keep yourself busy?

Had a big row about that earlier today. I wrote a big rant about it. Would it be okay if I emailed it to you? I need to tell it all to somebody but I don't want it on the blog.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home