Monday, October 08, 2012

If I die before I wake...

...it was not the Salmon Mousse to blame.  I was done in by the Spotted Dick.  It seems as though my prized Spotted Dick's containment unit did not survive its trans-Atlantic crossing.  When I finally took it out of its inner packaging tonight, I discovered that both plastic containers were cracked.  I peeled back the foil top on one of the Dicks and gave it a smell test.  It seemed to be okay.  I had kept it in the shipping package since I received it and not much air could have gotten to it.  I then gave it a taste and it seemed okay.  So I finished it off.  They put enough preservatives in those things to survive the Zombie Apocalypse.  That's when I noticed a bit of a metallic aftertaste.  A bit disconcerting, that.  So if I come up missing or there is a new zombie outbreak in South Florida, I will likely be patient zero and it was a tainted Spotted Dick that did it.

In other news, I've been enjoying the new season of Once Upon A Time.  I think I'm going to be proved right that Cora and the Queen of Hearts are one in the same.  It was revealed that Regina pushed Mommy Dearest through the Looking Glass portal and we all know where one goes when 'through the looking glass'.  And it is going to be interesting when more is revealed about Rump's and Cora's early history.  I am certain she is the miller's daughter.  This looks like it's going to be a fun season!

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

gave it a smell test. It seemed to be okay.

How could you tell? Have you ever smelled a Spotted Dick before?

the new season of Once Upon A Time

I heard about this. I think the actress who plays Snow White (?) was a guest on the Late Late Show. (they do talk about the OUAT show so possible *SPOILERS* if you're gonna watch it)


Have you told anyone that you've eaten something that may cause you to be ill? You know, just in case.

Monday, October 08, 2012 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

How could you tell? Have you ever smelled a Spotted Dick before? I was checking to see if it smelled moldy or "off" in any way. It just smelled like bread pudding.

*SPOILERS* I have a couple sites that I look at that give spoilers. I seek them out. I'm impatient like that. ;P

Have you told anyone that you've eaten something that may cause you to be ill? Well, you know. But that probably wouldn't help me much. Anyway, I feel fine today. And I take the attitude like Jennifer Patterson of the Fat Ladies. She grew up in China and therefore had an iron-clad stomach and could eat anything. I grew up in S.Fl and ate school cafeteria food so my stomach is iron-clad as well! LOL ;P

Monday, October 08, 2012 1:07:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

school cafeteria food

We always had to bring our own food to school. Was the school food really that bad?

Monday, October 08, 2012 4:44:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Was the school food really that bad? Well, I went to a private school so I don't think it was a bad as the public school slop. It wasn't *great* mostly stuff from a can or package. I remember that they had a line for "hot lunch" which was a complete meal with a veg, a starch, and a meat. Then there was a line for pizza and then there was a chicken sandwich(similar to a fast food chicken sandwich)line. The hot lunches were usually veg from a can, instant mashed potatoes, and some sort of deli type meat. Sometimes there was meatloaf which wasn't that bad but not the style that I was used to. Sometimes there was some sort of pasta. But as I remember it, everything seemed to come out of a can. It wasn't freshly prepared, just heated up by the lunch ladies. Always prepackaged in some way. They also had nachos with hot cheese sauce and assorted ice cream type desserts(like you would buy from an ice cream truck). I think they also sold little containers of milk and juice and assorted chips and things and soda machines. There was a lot of junk and I usually bought the hot lunch or if that wasn't particularly good I'd get the chicken sandwich. My mother would only give me $2 per day so I couldn't get very much. When I was in my senior year of h/s we were allowed to go off campus for lunch but by the time we got out of class there really wasn't much time to go anywhere and get back in time since we only had 30 minutes. The closest place was McDonald's and I think their food is crap so I only went there a couple times. When I was in kindergarten and elementary(grades 1,2 & 3) I brought my lunch from home. The older you got, it just wasn't "cool" to bring your lunch any more. :)

Monday, October 08, 2012 6:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home