Wednesday, June 06, 2012

You're not allowed to watch that.

I was reading the Mail today and I ran across this article about Brooke Burke launching her new line of lingerie. Every time I see that woman I'm reminded of a funny little incident that happened while visiting a friend and her husband.

I was hanging out at K and W's place. I don't really remember what we were watching on TV, probably hockey or something. Then whatever it was that we were watching ended and some program with Brooke Burke modeling swimsuits and such comes on. Then W perks up, "Hmmm, this looks interesting." I chimed in also in the affirmative. Then K comes and snatches the remote away from W and says, "You're not allowed to watch that." Then she looks at me and says, "You're not allowed to watch that either."

Now any time I see Brooke Burke I always remember that line of reproof: You're not allowed to watch that! LOL

Anyway, seeing that article also reminded me that one can still look pretty hot even after turning forty, not that I'm quite there yet. Getting older doesn't mean that you have to turn into a blob. I admire women who stay in shape even after being married and having kids. One of the things I promised myself is that I'd never let myself go like a lot of people who I grew up with.

That being said, it's still a little too easy to slip into bad eating habits and get lazy when it comes to my fitness. And since I'm a visual person, seeing images of fit people or people exercising always gives me the nudge that I need to get back into my exercise regimen.

They've been advertising one of those DVD series inspired by MMA training so that gave me the inspiration to get a little more serious and try to do one of those "exercise for thirty days and see the results" deals. Of course, the first day I managed to over-do it like I always seem to do, so I was sore the next day. (That was on Monday.) I still managed to push myself through a light workout yesterday. Today I wasn't so sore so I did a light workout but concentrated more on stretching. I sure as hell am not as limber as I used to be when I practiced martial arts many years ago! But that's a fairly easy fix. I can probably get myself pretty limber within a few weeks.

So! Would anyone like to join me in doing a 30 day regimen complete with before and after pics?

7 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Not me, sorry. I just don't have those kinds of ambitions.

These days my idea of fitness is taking a moderately long walk around town about once a week.

Thursday, June 07, 2012 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

What was that? You get someone to wheel you around town in your wheel chair once a week? I kid! I kid! I guess I'll just have to figure out another way to get some beefcake pics from you. Kidding again! LOL

I expect to be able to crack coconuts between my thighs in 30 days. Okay, maybe that's a wee exaggeration! ;P

Thursday, June 07, 2012 5:04:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Well, the European soccer championships have been a bit disappointing what with the Netherlands losing from Denmark. Wasn't even a fun game to watch. Oh well, let's hope they do better in next game.

Do you watch the Euro 2012 games?

Sunday, June 10, 2012 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Yes, I heard about that loss. 2-0 wasn't it? I don't know what their fucking problem is. I saw them play in a tournament in Mexico a few weeks ago and they looked like shit. Unfortunately, I don't think the Euro 2012 games are on over here. I didn't think to check on the Spanish language channels, though.

Sorry for the lack of blogging. I've been busy with chauffeuring someone to doc appointments and then catching up with yard work over the weekend. It has been crazy hot, like 90 degrees, and the heat really takes the energy out of me.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

NL team needs the Conan pep talk: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women. ;)

Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:55:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

the Conan pep talk

LOL that might actually help. They really need to get their asses in gear. It was 0-1 for the Danes BTW

the heat really takes the energy out of me

Well take it easy dammit! :D

Monday, June 11, 2012 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I think it might be a genetic thing. Talent gene + lazy gene. Some of us like to rely on talent alone. If effort was added to the equation then look out! Good enough seems to be the enemy of great. I know I'm certainly guilty of it and a certain side of the family seems to be guilty as well. :(

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home