Monday, June 04, 2012

So Wrong Yet So Hilarious



I do not seek these stories out. They just find me. Or rather, others find them and pass them along to me with the obligatory question, "WTF is it with the Dutch?"

The uncreative will never understand such artistic genius.

Isn't it funny that I watched a whole marathon of American Stuffers over the weekend and now this? Somehow I find making kitty into a 'copter less disturbing than just freeze drying him and displaying him on a coffee table. I did reassure my dog that I would not get him freeze dried when he eventually carks it.

I had a little conversation about the subject with my mother. Maybe it would be a happy medium for her instead of a traditional burial or cremation? Perhaps the taxidermist would expand his services to include freeze drying people? It was all in jest but she failed to see the humor in it. LOL "Just think," I said. "They take out your organs and brain so those bits won't be rotting and reeking and then they freeze dry the rest. It's almost like mummification. Then you won't have to worry about your body liquefying and putrifying into a big ol' mess inside the casket!" LOLOL The disapproval was a thing to behold! You'd think she'd be used to my sense of humor by now.

Could you imagine freeze drying my mother and then making her into a helicopter? What a weapon of terror that would be! Brrrrr!!!!! I'm probably going to give myself nightmares!

11 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Could you imagine freeze drying my mother and then making her into a helicopter?

I'm sure Norman Bates would approve. :D

Maybe the flying cat guys will move on to something bigger like pigs or elephants? A flying elephant would be impressive. Disney might sue though :)

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I'm sure Norman Bates would approve. Never going to happen!

pigs or elephants? It was really cool the way they did it on American Stuffers. From what they said, the drying process takes all the moisture and therefore most of the weight out of the animal. So a pig would be quite possible. They'd just need some bigger motors for the propellers. I think they'd need a much bigger freeze dryer for the elephant!

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 10:34:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Never going to happen!

I'm not sure what you think I'm implying here. I was just thinking of how Bates kept the mummified remains of his mother around. I admit that I'm not absolutely sure as to how he'd feel about turning those into a helicopter but I figure he's nuts anyway so...

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I didn't think you were implying anything. I wouldn't want anyone's mummified remains in my house let alone my mother hanging around past expiration. ;P Who knows with ol' Batesy.

BTW, Petrichor has a new post up.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:23:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

I see you've discovered my derelict blog.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 9:49:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Pesky ol' sign in cross polinations. ;P

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:15:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Pesky ol' sign in cross polinations. ;P

Huh?

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

.............^^^ pollination. I can't imagine how the "L" key got so sticky. O.o

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Oooooh! You're there! Were you signed in at Petrichor's under the D.B. moniker instead of Arikino? Your name had the link attached.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

*Arekino* Damn. I can't spell today. :(

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:23:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Were you signed in at Petrichor's under the D.B. moniker instead of Arikino?

Yep, that was me. Damn Wordpress is too smart for its' own good.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 1:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home