Monday, June 18, 2012

Ultimate Father's Day Movie

For Father's Day(I hate made-up holidays designed to make the greeting card companies money) I sent the obligatory card(Ha! Made my own! No money for you, card company!) and called my dad(Ugh). Then I made myself a nice pumpkin pie as a reward for my endurance and long-suffering. Then later that evening I watched two far-fetched yet entertaining movies: Taken and Faster.

I had seen Taken before and it is way cool. Even though it's very unrealistic in many ways, it would still be awesome to have a dad with certain...skills. Therefore it gets my pick as Ultimate Father's Day Movie.

Bryan: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Marko: [after a long pause] Good luck.


That is one of my all time favorite movie quotes. Liam Neeson is such a bad-ass in this movie. And I noticed that the dude who played Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite is in this movie as well as the dude who played the john that Kevin Spacey's character made kill the prostitute with that weenis contraption in Seven.



The second movie was Faster starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Billy Bob Thornton. Billy Bob is good in just about every movie he's in so I gave this movie a shot. It turned out to be surprisingly entertaining. Good action and lots of ass kicking and assassinations which usually makes for a decent flick.



So if you need a movie for a rainy day, I give both of these a thumbs up. You will no doubt be entertained.

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Yep, those are pretty good movies.

I would have hung up on Liam BTW

Bryan: I don't know who you are. *click* ...hello? hello?!?

So same industry? Is it a full time position now?

Same kind of industry, somewhat larger company. Still part-time.

I can send them along if you like.

Nah, that's okay. I couldn't really reciprocate anyway. Although... I may have some pics from soccer from when I was 13 or so. Not very interesting.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I would have hung up on Liam BTW LOL And with caller ID you don't have to answer at all!

Same kind of industry, somewhat larger company. Still part-time. I hope she's making better moolah, that's what counts most.

I may have some pics from soccer Aww, I bet you looked cute! Maybe some pics of spectacular snot-lubed sliding tackles? That would be awesome!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:02:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Maybe some pics of spectacular snot-lubed sliding tackles?

No action pics, just groups portraits of the team. Boring.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I don't have any *real* action pics either. My mother had absolutely no interest in the sport and I usually went to class with my friend who lived next door(his mother would drive us). The only pics I have were a few taken at a demonstration(students just standing around, can't find 'em) and the ones I *did* find- I was showing off at home and made my dad snap some pics.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home