Tuesday, March 18, 2014

OUAT 3.12 AKA The SwanQueen Show...

...or the Lana Parrilla show, cuz she certainly knocked it out of the park this episode.  Holy shnykeez!  There was platonic Swan Queen!  Althought, they had me totally faked out at the beginning.  The peasants were revolting and trying to blame the New Major Problem on Regina like always.  And freakin' Emma was going along with it!  I was all like, 'Oh for fuck's sake, are we back to the hate on Regina thing again?'  All the idiots were like, 'Yeah, we know who's responsible!'  And Regina's all like...
 

And then they started getting riled up into angry mob mode(like that worked out so well for them the last time /sarc).  Just then, Regina's like, 'Okay, assholes, you want to believe I'm still acting like the Evil Queen? Well how about this?' and summons the most massive idiot-blasting hadouken evar and blasts the whole place and then poofs the hell out of there in a puff of purple smoke.  It was so awesome!  Then Emma goes into tough-girl hero mode and goes after Regina like she was going to kick her ass or something.  She finds her at the Mayor's office and then they were like...
 

(Yeah, I'm fully aware of the double entendre there)

And then I was like this cuz they totally faked me out with that.  There were lots of Emma and Regina scenes that were really good, but I can't say anything cuz spoiler 'n' stuff, but I reeeeeally enjoy those two playing nice with each other.

After all that, Regina starts making a potion that looked an awful lot like Black Sambuca. She took a swig, but it didn't work, so she chucked the glass across the room, smashing it against the wall.  I was thinking, 'That's the only appropriate thing to do with sambuca.'  ;P 

The Enchanted Forest scenes were totally awesome as well since it was mostly Regina scenes with Lana stealing the show.  She left the idiots in the woods(cuz let's face it, they were totally useless in Neverland)to go on a solo suicide mission to break into her castle since WW had taken up residence.  She's lifting a humongous boulder that's hiding the secret passageway with her mind all telekinesis style when Robin interrupts.  He had been following her and wasn't gonna let her go alone since she saved his kid from a flying monkey.  She reluctantly lets him tag along.

They successfully get inside and Regina knocks down the force field around the castle.  That scene was so freakin' cool looking like it was out of a superhero movie or something.  Then Regina goes all crazy and psycho and was going to do something all stupid but I can't say why because spoilers!


At that point, Nine Inch Nails "Hurt" should have been playing in the background.

Suddenly, the WW appears wearing one of Regina's gowns and gets all catty and then comments that she 'had to take it in some at the hips' implying that Regina is fat.  I was thinking to myself, "Witch, please.  You walk down the street in Miami with your skinny ass wearing that, you wouldn't even garner a first look.  Regina on the other hand, would be causing car crashes and multiple cases of whiplash from the double-takes.  Peeps would be all like, 'Sssssss, ssssssss!!!!  Mami, mami!  Damn, you lookin' GOOD!  OMG Esos tetas y culo!  Tu en fuego!'"  Pffft!  We *all* know who wears it better.  ;P

Then the WW is all like I'm__________.  And I was like this again because this show is getting all incesty like Game of Thrones and I totally didn't see that coming, but it also didn't surprise me *that* much knowing how this show is with that whole EVERYONE-being-related-somehow thing.  Anyway, I kinda think she was lying because she was going on and on about Blood Magic, but had a Flying Monkey retrieve blood from someone to make a potion .  So I'm on the fence about who she claims to be.

After dropping her bombshell, WW conjures her broom and flies off like she had a hot Quiddich match to get to.  So then Regina was like, 'Forget that crazy shit I was planning to do...'


Then at the very end, a character who was supposed to be dead is back and certainly *not* dead, but is now completely bat-shit insane and muttering about 'feed on madness and the madness feeds on you' or something like that.  Awesomeness!

Damn, I freakin' LOVED that episode.  Certainly my favorite of the season so far and definitely in my top 5 for the entire series.  I reeeeally hope they keep up the darker turn for the rest of the season and most certainly the quality.  I heard that this was a Jane Espenson episode.  Can just Jane Espenson write all the OUAT episodes please? I feel like she's the one writer who consistently takes the time to SLOW DOWN and give us some character moments and dialogue rather than just rushing from one plot point to the next.  Seriously, the other writers need to take note.  This is how you write a great episode.  There was all kinds of action as well as moving the plot along and getting to know the characters and their motivations.  So good.  I didn't even have too many CGI issues this time around.  It actually looked really cool for the most part, especially the scene with Regina in her castle breaking the barrier spell.  That looked cool as shit!  Hell, the last two episodes just looked SO much better than the first half of the season, like it's a completely different series.

MOAR PLEASE!!!


***A/N  Pics shamelessly stolen from Lily Sparks' column at tv.com

13 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

That was a fun post. I can tell you really enjoyed that episode.

'had to take it in some at the hips' implying that Regina is fat.

Or maybe her hips are just wider which is good... for bearing children... hm.

this show is getting all incesty

Really? Or not really?

I reeeeally hope they keep up the darker turn for the rest of the season

How is it darker?

Can just Jane Espenson write all the OUAT episodes please?

I've looked her up on IMDB and she's got quite a CV. She's written for some really good shows.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:16:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Or maybe her hips are just wider which is good

Men like curves. This I know. ;P

Really? Or not really?

Not sure yet. Depends on whether WW was lying or not and who the baby daddy is. :/

I have my suspicions. If she wasn't lying and the baby daddy is who I think. then it is definitely GOT caliber. Eeeeewww!

How is it darker?

More mental derangement, peeps turning into...stuff. I see a potential infanticide, more fratricide. Definitely more Game of Thrones-y in feel. Maybe they should throw in some dragons, too. ;P

Oh, I didn't include it, but there was a scene with Emma and Regina sitting in The Bug. The expression of Regina's face was absolutely priceless! LOL Her face was saying, "I can't. Believe. I'm sitting. In this death trap." And it looked really awkward for two grown adults to be sitting in that thing. LOLOL

Those cars really were horrible. I knew someone who had one.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Maybe they should throw in some dragons, too. ;P

That would be seriously awesome--have Daenerys Targaryen roll into Storybrooke with her 3 dragons. LOL ;P ;D

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:08:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

a potential infanticide, more fratricide.

...burnings at the stake, beheadings, heads on pointy sticks...? ...cats and dogs living together?

"I can't. Believe. I'm sitting. In this death trap."

The Bug is a car, right? Didn't they have cars in Storybrooke?

Maybe they should throw in some dragons, too.

I'm surprised they haven't already.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

.cats and dogs living together?

Now that would just be silly. ;P

The Bug is a car, right?

Yeah, that horrible yellow Volkswagen Bug(or Beetle or whatever the model of the thing is actually called) of Emma's that Regina hates so much. She always has some colorful descriptors for it--death trap, rusting piece of scrap metal, etc. LOL

Didn't they have cars in Storybrooke?

Of course, it's just that the Bug isn't a Mercedes 560sl. ;P

I'm surprised they haven't already.

Actually, they have. Charming's back story had him slaying a dragon and he also had to hide...I forget what...inside of Dragon Malificent. Then Emma had to battle Dragon Malificent in the caves under the library. IIRC, that was season 1. They are overdue for more dragons in my estimation. ;D

Hey, I forgot to tell you about the incident at QoH's doc appt on Monday...we walk in and the place was fairly crowded. There were 2 available seats together in the front row in front of the TV by the snack bar. I sat down next to some dude and then left the chair on the end of the row for QoH. My ass wasn't in the seat 5 seconds when the guy I sat next to starts shouting LOUDLY and flipping out. I was like, 'Oh for fuck's sake, just my luck.' I figured he had Tourette's or something from the way the outbursts came at regular intervals of repetitive phrases. I got up immediately and went to fix myself a tea and then stepped outside as I'm not going to wait in there with a nut in the same room just in case he got violent.

I *really* can't stand being around retards and nuts who have outbursts. And the idiots who worked at the place didn't do anything about it. Turns out, he was supposed to be there to see the acupuncture doc. LOL She was like, 'Oh great, why me?' LOL She's funny. After she saw him she came back and told us that he hadn't eaten and his blood sugar had dropped. They gave him something to eat and he was fine again. Sorry, but I've never seen someone with low blood sugar start flipping out all Tourette's style. I think he forgot his meds, not food. :/

I always have such luck in encountering nut cases. :(

BTW, I cooked stuffed cabbages for the first time the other night. They turned out really well and I made more last night. :)

Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:26:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

I've never seen someone with low blood sugar start flipping out all Tourette's style.

Me neither. Are you sure he wasn't actually mentally handicapped? Low blood sugar usually makes you less active.

I always have such luck in encountering nut cases. :(

Maybe you just spend too much time online then. ;P

I cooked stuffed cabbages

What have you stuffed them with? Baby carrots? Baby corn? Baby zucchinis? Or just babies? ;P

BTW tomorrow night is another cabbage-sitting night for me at my sister's patch.

Friday, March 21, 2014 3:07:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Are you sure he wasn't actually mentally handicapped?

With certain segments of the population(and this is politically incorrect for me to say, but it's the truth) there are lower IQ's and higher instances of schizophrenia(not saying the two go together). We have a lot of peeps here who are not playing with a full deck basically.

One of the first things I thought after 'Let me get the fuck away from this guy' was, 'WTF? Are we running a psych ward here now?' as there was another dude with mental issues at that particular office a few weeks ago. That guy wasn't flipping out, though, he was just obviously not all there in the upstairs department. I could probably say the same thing about QoH. ;P

Anyway, it's just annoying as peeps with mental issues shouldn't be in the same office as elderly patients.

Low blood sugar usually makes you less active.

Low blood sugar generally makes me see stars and then pass out. I wouldn't have the energy to flip out in a waiting room. I know a bullshit explanation when I hear it. (I've only had low blood sugar when I've skipped meals, and that has been a rare occurrence for me.)

What have you stuffed them with?

I separate the individual leaves from the cabbage and then wilt them in boiling water to make them pliable. Then I make a mixture of ground beef, rice, shredded carrot, chopped onion, a couple raw eggs, salt, and then mix it all together by hand. Then take a bit of the mixture and shape it into a turd shape ;P and put it on a couple of the cabbage leaves and roll it up like an egg roll or burrito and then put it in a glass baking dish. I make like a dozen or so, then pour a tomato based sauce over them, cover, and bake in the oven for 1.5 hours. Then they come out all delicious and QoH is well pleased. ;P

BTW tomorrow night is another cabbage-sitting night for me at my sister's patch.

Hey Arekino, by any chance do those cabbages have Rock Band 3 at their patch? I was thinking of an original character based off an original character for a fanfic, and I was wondering how that game is played. Of course, I could just write it with fewer details. ;D

Friday, March 21, 2014 4:13:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

and this is politically incorrect for me to say, but it's the truth

There's nothing wrong with stating the truth. But I guess it would be embarrassing if you couldn't prove what you're saying.

do those cabbages have Rock Band 3 at their patch?

They used to have one of those Rock Band games but they sold it. They still have some of the "instruments" standing around though.

I was wondering how that game is played.

There was a fun South Park episode about such a game. Besides that, you could look at some play-throughs or let's-plays on Youtube. I'm sure those will be very informative.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:33:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I'm sure those will be very informative.

Well, you should know me well enough by now that I don't ask things without first having some inkling of what the answer is. ;D

I looked into it a bit. Enough so that I wouldn't mind owning such a game, especially with the Fender Pro guitar option. ;P

Anyhoo, I think this little fanfic would just be for my own pleasure so pesky details really shouldn't bog me down. ;P

So, how's mindin' the patch?

Hey, do you lot still plant stuff down at the real patch? Got any strawberries growing?

Saturday, March 22, 2014 12:19:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

how's mindin' the patch?

Very quiet ATM. They spend most of the evening playing videogames upstairs. The youngest has gone to bed now. I'll be going to bed in about a half hour. My bed, BTW, is the couch I'm sitting on now. It's one of those fold out bed contraptions. More comfortable then you'd think.

do you lot still plant stuff down at the real patch?

Sure. We had a pretty good crop last year and right we've begun making preparations for this year.

Got any strawberries growing?

Not yet.

How's your garden doing?

Saturday, March 22, 2014 5:44:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

It's one of those fold out bed contraptions. More comfortable then you'd think.

Ah yes, I've slept in one of those before. The kind that is a sofa and folds out. I've also slept in those trundle type ones. Some were more comfortable than others.

we've begun making preparations for this year.

You're all regular farmers. ;P

What are you planning to grow?

How's your garden doing?

The bloody tree rats(squirrels)ruined way too many avocados. There weren't many on the one tree this year. The other avocado tree is just now in bloom as well as the mango trees. The lime tree is just past blooming and has wee tiny limes which should be ready in a month or two, maybe three. ;) I also have 6 or 8 pineapples starting to push up.

As it is Florida, the bumper crop of strawberries has been in the stores for a few weeks. :)

Nom, nom, nom!

Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:05:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

You're all regular farmers. ;P

Well, it's mostly my father and my sister who seem to actually enjoy that stuff. I don't, really.

What are you planning to grow?

Beans of all sorts, cabbages of all sorts, cucumbers, And some strawberries probably.

I also have 6 or 8 pineapples starting to push up.

Maybe we should start a trade route. ;P

My mother is celebrating her birthday today BTW. I'd be alone in my room if it wasn't for my youngest nephew. He got bored so now he's watching TV here.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I don't, really.

Me either. I like trees and things that require very little effort on my part. Pineapples are quite easy. You just cut off the top(the green pointy bit)and stick it in the dirt. It's of the bromeliad family so basically an air plant and doesn't require much care. Just bung it in the ground and in a year or so you'll have another pineapple. :)

Maybe we should start a trade route. ;P

Sounds good to me. ;P

I'd be alone in my room if it wasn't for my youngest nephew.

Hiding from the old peeps? LOL

I know the feeling. QoH's crazy nephew called last night and they yacked on the phone for 6 hours. Then she tried to tell me all about it today. I simply don't give a rat's ass. She had the nerve to call his mother the world's biggest enabler as QoH is the world's biggest victim /sarc. We ended up arguing(well, her screaming at me and calling me names...very mature on her part ::rolls eyes::)and me remaining calm and calling her on her bullshit. She even kinda tried to bait me into hitting her, but I was not going for it as I was just looking at her like she was a toddler having a tantrum. So instead of staying inside and dealing with the nonsense, I went and used the new mower for the first time. It started up on the first pull and pushes very easily. It feels lighter than the old one. :)

So, were there any sweets to be had for your mother's B-Day?

Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home