Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Playlist

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while.  There's not much interesting happening.  I got this idea from a story I read.  While I don't own an MP3 player or anything, if I did, which songs would I have on the playlist?  Well, since I'm mostly into 80's classic alternative and "dark wave", most of the songs I like are going to be of that genre at the moment.  There's one down there that's clearly not.  :)  I used to be a total metal head but I can't stand most of that stuff now unless it's black metal and then I only like a few bands.

Anyway, here's what I got so far.  In no particular order.


Depeche Mode - Strange Love

The Church - Under the Milky Way

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Kiss Them For Me

Talking Heads - Most anything is good.  They were a favorite of my sister and I for sing-a-longs.  ;P

Billy Idol - White Wedding, Rebel Yell , or most anything by Billy Idol is good IMO  :)

Sisters of Mercy - Dominion/Mother Russia, Lucretia My Reflection, More

The Cult - Most anything by them will do.  Even the Southern Death Cult and Death Cult stuff.

Shriekback - Nemesis

The Alarm - Strength

Berlin - The Metro

AWOL Nation - Sail

Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People, The Dope Show

Devo - Whip It

Yaz - Situation

New Order - Shellshock

Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK

INXS - Most anything and especially if it's off the Kick album.  :)

Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting (The Vampire Song)

The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?

Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole

Front 242 - Headhunter

Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express

Divinyls - I Touch Myself, Pleasure and Pain

Iggy Pop - The Passenger

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax

5 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

They are not going to make you do anything crazy like find a job?

They might still do that. I doubt I can find a job that's crazy enough for me. ;)

I like most of the songs in that list. A lot of them for nostalgic reasons, I guess. Although that seems a bit strange as most of those songs are from my adolescence (and somewhat beyond) and that wasn't a particularly fun period for me. Maybe music offered some much needed escapism/relief for me then.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

They might still do that.

:O

I doubt I can find a job that's crazy enough for me. ;)

Aw, c'mon! You can do it! I have faith in you! ;P

A lot of them for nostalgic reasons

80's music reminds me of happy times when I was invited to b-day parties at skating rinks. I think I had a party or two myself. :)

most of those songs are from my adolescence (and somewhat beyond) and that wasn't a particularly fun period for me.

Hey, if you ever want to tell me about any of that you know where to find me. :)

ATM I'm quite obsessed with Depeche Mode. I always secretly liked their music but could never admit it to my metal head friends. I'm trying to locate an inexpensive CD of Black Celebration, and maybe Music For The Masses. Those two, together with Violator were their best work IMO.

I also like the Siouxsie & The Banshees version of The Passenger.

I was sad to learn that the chick who was the singer for the Divinyls died a year or so ago from cancer.

Anyway, Kraftwerk "Trans Europe Express" was one of my favorites to skate to back in the day. ;D

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Doh! I forgot to tell ya about a funny little story from a week or so ago. Mercifully, QoH had went to bed early and I was hungry for something even though it was quite late. I found some Italian sausages in the freezer and decided to make those. I put the Sirius on to the 80's classic alternative station and was enjoying that until Frankie Goes to Hollywood "Relax" came on. That shit had to get cranked up instantly! I had a good time dancing around to that and cooking my sausages even though I can't dance for shit. I thought that the whole scenario was utterly absurd and amusing at the same time. It was funny in that *that* is like one of the gayest songs ever and I was cooking sausages to it LOL and that QoH would not approve of me listening to it, dancing, or just plain having fun. Too bad. I enjoyed myself even more just knowing that she would disapprove and there was nothing she could do about it. ;D

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:05:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

I can't dance for shit

That's hard to believe. You do martial arts quite well and that's 80 percent dancing. :)

What about modern music? Is there anything you like?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

What about modern music? Is there anything you like?

Few and far between with the new stuff. I like some of Adele's music and some Lady Gaga and I was shocked to learn that a sorta dance song that I liked was by Rhianna(although it was from her earlier work). I liked some of Shakira's earlier stuff in Spanish. Ojos Asi was pretty good. Not that I'd run out and buy any of it.

I guess I tend to like things of the dance genre. I've always liked electronica, so sometimes I like to set the Sirius to one of those stations.

Oh! And this is an odd one--I saw a concert of Mumford and Sons a while back. I liked it even if it is bluegrass influenced. The lyrics were pretty good. And that Icelandic group...Of Monsters and Men? They're not so bad either. Kinda different. :)

And what about you?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home