Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cool Song

Okay, here's a pretty cool song that I heard for the first time Sunday night. It's not *that* new, but it is new to me as the only music played where I live is awful Top 40. Seriously, there's like a dozen Top 40 radio channels down here. Thank God for the Sirius. I heard it on the Classic Alternative channel on the Dark Wave program. Since Numan is considered a classic alternative artist, they will play new stuff also. Anyway, I wanted to hear it again so I found it on YouTube. I liked it so much that I listened to it on a loop for about 20 minutes. I thought this song went well with the mood of this new OUAT episode(and the latter half of season 3), but I'm going to do a separate post for OUAT 3.13. If there was a sound track for this past episode, this should've been on it! (And I think Gary Numan looks Evil Regal-esque in that pic. ;P)




And here are the lyrics:

Here In the Black Lyrics by Gary Numan

Here in the black there's a feeling of loss but it's hungry and restless. (And it's)
Looking, desperate for something, and it feels like a child but not screaming or helpless (And it's)
Absent of mercy. It's alive and it feels but not a shred of compassion or love.
It comes like a pouring of evil. It's a stain on the ground, it's a desolate shadow of fear.

It's dark and I'm lost. There's a breath in the wind and the breath is malicious. (And I)
Don't know whether to run, or should I drop to my knees and pretend I'm religeous. (Because)
It's cold and I'm scared and the whispers are a madness that forces a question to God.
Is this real or imagined? Because if I'm asleep, well then I don't need to scream for long.

Here in the black it comes
Here in the black it comes
Here in the black it comes for me
Here in the black I'm lost

It's here and I'm found. Like a thought in the mind but it's beautifully vicious. (And I)
Can't hide, not sure if I want to. It crawls in the mist like a vision of Judas. (And it's)
So close I can feel it and I'm chilled to the bone, I'm a statue in ice. (But it's)
Unsure if it's enough, so it waits for the Ghost, for the demon assassin of God.

Here in the black it comes
Here in the black it comes
Here in the black it comes for me
Here in the black I'm lost

And all you see is dark and vague
And all you feel is life unmade
And all your hopes just bleed away
And all you are is lost and fades

Here in the black it comes
Here in the black it comes
Here in the black it comes for me
Here in the black I'm lost

2 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Gary Numan. Wow, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Did not even know the guy was still alive. He was a bit of an eighties icon. "Cars" was fun.

This new song is downright creepy. It's kind of cinematic music. Something you'd paste behind a horror movie scene. Or maybe an action flick with dark overtones.

I'm looking forward to your post on OUAT. :)

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

"Cars" was fun.

And "Down in the Park". Foo Fighters did a cover of that IIRC.

Did not even know the guy was still alive.

He did some stuff with Nine Inch Nails a while back. :)

This new song is downright creepy. It's kind of cinematic music.

I heard it literally just a little over an hour after the OUAT episode and the first thing I thought is that it would have been good soundtrack music for it.

Some of the characters have become unhinged.

I'm looking forward to your post on OUAT. :)

Thanks. :)

I'm still working on it. That's why I put this post up for filler. The old post went stale and I wanted something new up while I work on the OUAT post. I have lots of pictures and links and things I want to put in, it's getting *involved* and I want it to turn out *just right*. ;D

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home