Sunday, March 03, 2013

One For Me, One For You



Mua-hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!  Is that what you are up to my dearest Arekino?

Anyhoo, totally unrelated:  I just got through watching the latest episode of OUAT.  I did not care for it at all.  Of the past three episodes, I did not like two of them.  2.13 "Tiny," and tonight's episode, 2.15 "The Queen is Dead," did not do it for me.  In my opinion, they were trying to cram too much information into one episode and it came across as too contrived.  The last episode, 2.14 "Manhattan" I actually liked.  If they keep going like this with the extra-contrived contrivances, they are venturing into jumping the shark territory.  They came bloody close for me with this last one, and especially with the preview for next week's episode.  Unfortunately, you'll just have to trust me or else it will be spoilers galore.

The other thing that annoyed me is I went over to that fansite to see what other people thought and it is like I'm watching something totally different from everyone else.  Those idiots liked it for some reason.  And the parts that I liked they hated.  I'm just going to chalk it of to the student becoming the master.  This is something that my favorite English teacher Mr. C (the one who could play Toccata & Fugue in D Minor on the pipe organ) would do.  He would be eye rolling and predicting the outcomes over some TV show that we students liked.  He had the experience of seeing it all a hundred times before because everything TV writers do is so formulaic and predictable.  I guess I've finally lived long enough and seen enough of TV to be able to predict certain things.  Tonight's episode already proved something that I had speculated previously but can't say because, once again, spoilers.  :::sigh:::

Okay, I'm actually not going to be all negative here.  I actually liked the scenes with Emma and Neal and I really loved Regina's gloves and scarf.  Her hair was looking particularly fabulous and bouncy(must be her conditioner ;P) and I just wanted to touch it.  It looked *that* good.

And one final thought(what I happened to be thinking while watching this ep):  Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.


4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Is that what you are up to my dearest Arekino?

Nah, the only body I'm dragging around is my own. :)

I did not like two of them

Maybe different writers?

I'm just going to chalk it of to the student becoming the master.

Plus there's no accounting for taste ;P

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Wait, doesn't being dumb make you evil by definition?

Monday, March 04, 2013 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Maybe different writers? That's one of the things that bothers me about this show and why it feels so inconsistent at times--too many different writers and directors. Each episode is always written/directed by someone different.

This last episode was one of those "filler" ones--had to get all their plot devices in so that the next ep will be good(Hopefully. It's "The Miller's Daughter" ep.).

One thing I liked from last night's ep is one character is finally beginning to see the light and another character is starting to embrace the darkness. It made me do a Rumple giggle and a happy dance! LOL

Another thing, I now have to revise my fanfic once again because I had "a realization" said by one character when in last night's ep it was said by the other character. ::sigh::

Plus there's no accounting for taste ;P Yeah, I usually don't like what other peeps like. ;)

Wait, doesn't being dumb make you evil by definition? Nah, it just makes you kinda useless. ;P

There were so many little things that bothered me about that ep last night. Such lazy writing like it was done by 10 year olds. Like for example, if you have magic, why would you be digging manually? If you have magic, why threaten someone into giving something to you? Just snatch it out of their hand with magic? And people get knocked unconscious an awful lot on this show. Such a weak go-to plot device.

Another thing kinda made me laugh...someone's mommy dearest standing over and micro-managing while the child(who was sharply dressed and looking fabulous) was made to do all the work. Just reminded me of someone else I know. ;P

Monday, March 04, 2013 11:06:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Nah, it just makes you kinda useless. ;P

Oh, I wouldn't say that. There's lots of useful idiots around.

if you have magic, why...

One of the rules of the OUAT universe is that all magic use has a price attached to it.

Just reminded me of someone else I know. ;P

A case of "it's funny 'cause it's true" ?

Monday, March 04, 2013 3:01:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

There's lots of useful idiots around. They'd be good as land mine detectors. ;P

all magic use has a price attached to it. It's okay to poof yourself into and out of a room in a big cloud of purple smoke, yank a heart out of a chest, put it back in, then toss someone out the window, but you can't yank an item out of someones hand with magic? Weak sauce.

A case of "it's funny 'cause it's true" ? Oh yes. It's just so typical. Whoever writes the interactions for that relationship must have first hand knowledge of NPD/ASPD.

Monday, March 04, 2013 6:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home