Saturday, February 16, 2013

Elegant

Our one day of cold weather is scheduled to be here this Sunday!  Woo-hoo!!!  Actually, there was quite a lot of rain yesterday and today ahead of the cold front and it is a bit cooler now as the front is passing through.  Tomorrow should be nice as well as Monday.  I LOVE me some cold weather!

In honor of the cold weather I can now break out my "nice" clothes.  I love wearing nice things but unfortunately it is almost always hot here and you can't wear nice things when it's hot and humid.  I went digging in my closet and found my Regina Mills-esque stuff. LOL  I have this one black satin vest that is really awesome.  I think I bought it at a thrift store for like $2.  It's a Brioni for cripes sake!  And then there's my black velvet jacket.  I always get groped by strangers when I wear that thing.  Put those together with my black pin-striped pants and some fine Italian-made leather shoes and I'll be stylin'!  LOL  God, I miss wearing my silks and cashmeres, too!

Anyway, it has been a while since I've been shopping for anything nice so I decided to Google Sym's clothing store.  I used to get so many awesome designer clothes there.  Well, guess what?  Much to my chagrin I found out that Sym's went bankrupt!  Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!  All their stores have been closed.  That makes me so sad.  I bought such nice things from that place--lots of seriously expensive designer things at deeply discounted prices.  Even some couture things.  Ah, well...

I continued my search on the web and found this...



...and this.

They're from a place called Good Goth.  The jacket is pretty cool although I'm not crazy about the lace trim.  And the boots look awesome even though I usually don't like high boots since most of them don't fit me right.  They'd be better if they were real leather.  I hate that "vegan" crap.  Give me some carnivore boots!

Anyway, designer stuff isn't what it used to be.  The good stuff used to come from here or Italy; now most of it is made in China.  I just can't bring myself to pay a lot of money for something that is made in China.  They treat the workers there like shit and pay them slave wages.  Then they have the nerve to sell it here for a lot of money.  It's disgusting.  At least the stuff I have is of the timeless classic variety and I don't have to worry too much about keeping up with trends.  I'd rather be elegant than trendy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

I always get groped by strangers when I wear that thing.

Whaaa...?

I'd rather be elegant than trendy.

Whereas I like to blend in with the crowd... or the pavement.

Considering your taste in fashion, are you sure you don't have some dominatrix genes in you? ;P

Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Whaaa...? Velvet seems to be irresistible to some peeps. They are compelled to touch it. I find strangers coming up to me and wanting to run their hands up my arm so they can feel the velvet. It's awkward.

Whereas I like to blend in with the crowd... or the pavement. Arekino! That's not nice. In the right clothes you could look very handsome.

are you sure you don't have some dominatrix genes in you? ;P Maybe a little bit. ;P ;P ;P :::big wicked smirk::: Iggy once told me that he was going to buy me a riding crop. ;P LOLOL

Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:26:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

I find strangers coming up to me

Your jacket sounds like a great conversation piece.

In the right clothes you could look very handsome.

Maybe, but I don't wear (or own) any of those clothes. :/ I don't really mind. :)

Iggy once told me that he was going to buy me a riding crop

Iggy... Pop...? Your horse riding instructor...? 8D

Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I don't wear (or own) any of those clothes. That's too bad. I can tell you from experience that nice clothes are a kind of magic. When you look good you feel good and it changes your whole vibe.

Iggy... Pop...? Your horse riding instructor...? 8D A guy I used to know. He looked a bit like Jim Morrison except he had dirty blonde hair. Definitely ride-able! ;P

Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home