Sunday, December 09, 2012

I'm creepy and I'm kooky and I make an excellent gingerbread!

I was going to post on the Addams Family tonight but I decided to make my gingerbread a bit earlier today and it was such a success that I just had to post about it! Even Miss 'I-Don't-Like-Gingerbread' put a serious dent into it and said that it was delicious. Normally she would find something to criticize but it was so superior and excellent that she was at a loss. And the best thing about it? Not only did I have all the ingredients at hand but it only took around 5 minutes to put all the ingredients together and with a minimum of fuss. I used my big stainless steel mixing bowl to mix everything in and used a big fork to do the mixing. A couple measuring cups and measuring spoons and one other small bowl for mixing an egg was used so clean-up took all of 5 minutes.

The only thing was the recipe called for a certain amount of spices but when I tasted the batter it wasn't spicy enough for me so I shook a goodly quantity more of ginger and cinnamon into the batter. That did the trick! Then 30 minutes to bake. The only thing was my smallest baking pan was a little too large for the quantity of batter so the gingerbread came out a bit on the thin side. That was okay, though, because I just slathered some vanilla frosting on one piece and topped it with another piece and it was then normal size--but with frosting in the middle! Yum!

So it seems as though I am pretty good at this baking business. I don't think that I will ever buy anything store bought again as long as it is something that I can make at home for a fraction of the price. And as long as I'm doing the making I know exactly what all the ingredients are.

Girl Scout: Would you like to buy some girl scout cookies?

Wednesday: Are they made with real girl scouts?

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

That looks frickin' delicious! I was wondering what the white stuff in the middle was. Vanilla frosting! Yummie!

And as long as I'm doing the making I know exactly what all the ingredients are.

Hm, is that important to you?

Monday, December 10, 2012 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Hm, is that important to you? Yes. I prefer to eat as naturally as possible and most of the store bought stuff is loaded with all sorts of crap and preservatives.

And ya know that line 'Is it made with real girl scouts?'? They don't see the humor when you ask them that. Especially the mothers. LOL Except for one of my FB friends who has a daughter in GS. ;)

Monday, December 10, 2012 1:13:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

most of the store bought stuff is loaded with all sorts of crap and preservatives.

Well, yes. I try to eat healthy as well. It's actually hard for me to not eat healthy ATM since my parents are such health nuts.

They don't see the humor when you ask them that.

Humor? What humor? Are girl-scout cookies not made with real girl-scouts? What a fraud! :P

Monday, December 10, 2012 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Well, the gingerbread isn't exactly healthy with all the molasses and brown sugar but at least all my ingredients were real and not chemicals. And it's not like I eat that every day.

Glad to hear that your parents are keeping you nice and healthy. Being a health nut isn't such a terrible thing. I grew up eating fairly healthy because my mother cooked just about everything from scratch. She never bought any pre-packaged meals and we very rarely ate any kind of fast food.

We have been having big salads at dinner lately. They're good for keeping the "plumbing" regular IYKWIMAITYD. ;P

What a fraud! Yes, it is!

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home