Saturday, November 24, 2012

Worst of the Worst

When it comes to being the worst of the worst, Miami leads the way in all the negative categories. Whether it's the Worst Drivers, Rudest People, Most Identity Theft, you name it, if it's something bad, Miami excels at it. And I'm pretty sure if you did a study on the worst dressed people in the country, Miami would come out at the top...or bottom as it were.

Today I witnessed some serious eye-bleach worthy sights while sitting in a parking lot. *Tons* of bipedal hippos bursting their clothing with layer upon layer of blubber. Fat women wearing jeans so tight they looked like they were air brushed on, revealing all their cottage cheese cellulite bumps and jello rolls. Middle-age, out-of-shape women wearing short shorts and dressed like pre-teens. And the most ridiculous: the car parked next to mine had a guy wearing pajamas sitting in it. And to top that off, a few minutes later, here comes his female companion with a cart full of crap and she's wearing her pajamas and bedroom slippers. I shit you not. And this was about 5pm so there's no excuse.

I was most certainly overdressed by these people's standards. I probably looked freakish to them in my slim-fitted cashmere sweater and properly fitted slacks. I just can't get over how people will go out so slovenly looking into public places.  Go here for more examples.


6 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

>"people at Walmart"

Weren't Wallmart workers on strike on Black Friday? Did you notice anything of that?

Regarding the pics: I can't help wondering if these people are happy with the way they look. Maybe they just don't care?

How do Floridians look at health issues anyway? Or fashion for that matter?

Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Weren't Walmart workers on strike on Black Friday? The real question is would anyone notice? Most of the people they hire are quite lazy, at least at the stores around here. I didn't see any strikes. I think that was hyped up for publicity. No one makes them work there. If they don't like it, work somewhere else.

Maybe they just don't care? Bingo! Give the man a prize! And some are just delusional and think they look sexy.

How do Floridians look at health issues anyway? Or fashion for that matter? I think the matter is a national problem as far as health issues go. People have gotten lazy. It's easier to pick up some prepackaged crap to eat than it is to make something healthy from scratch. And some are just worn out from work or whatever and buy crap because it's fast. The same goes with clothing, I guess. It's the lazy and don't care attitude. I'm personally quite health conscious. I made a vow to myself that I would never become old and fat, out of shape, and sickly(and dress like a bum). Who the heck wants to go through life being sick, fat, and feeling like crap? The way you dress is a personal reflection on yourself. Do you want to project 'I'm a lazy slob' or 'I care about myself'?

I'd personally be mortified if I even looked 1/4 as bad as some of these people.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:49:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

It's the lazy and don't care attitude.

Okay, so is there no peer pressure? Are these people not part of some social group that keeps them in check somewhat?

I'd personally be mortified if I even looked 1/4 as bad as some of these people.

I can imagine. The only time I did let my self go was during one of my depressed periods. I even stopped getting my hair cut. Looked ridiculous.

Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

so is there no peer pressure? I think some people are just impervious to peer pressure or are just blatantly nonconformist. Then again, if all their peers look this bad then it is somehow acceptable. And trust me, there are a shit ton of people out there who dress really badly.

one of my depressed periods. I had a depressed period where I dressed poorly by my standards, but nothing that was ever unpresentable. I may have been depressed but at least I had *some* standards.

I even stopped getting my hair cut. Looked ridiculous. Did you look like the Wild Man from Borneo? Must have been quite a look!

Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:48:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

or are just blatantly nonconformist.

And yet, they shop at Walmart. :)

Did you look like the Wild Man from Borneo?

Well, my name ain't Oofty Goofty, ma'am. Futhermore, I ain't no dwarf. But, since y'ask, a casual onlooker, cursed with some poor eye-sight, might have, at the time, mistakenly thought I was perhaps as much as a half-brother of that fella from Borneo you mentioned.

Monday, November 26, 2012 4:50:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

And yet, they shop at Walmart. :) Even nonconformists like good deals. ;P

I ain't no dwarf. Yeah, you *are* the perfect shape and size IIRC. Quite comely when not shaggy. ;P

Monday, November 26, 2012 8:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home