Sunday, December 02, 2012

Holiday Family Gathering Awkwardness


Whenever you start to dread the holidays because your family is so effed up, just imagine for one moment what the holidays would be like for Henry of OUAT.  He must really have a fun time!  Consider his family tree:

Emma is Henry's mother and is Snow and Charming's daughter, so Snow and Charming are Henry's grandparents. Okay, easy enough.

Regina is Henry's adoptive mother, but she is also Snow's stepmother so that makes her Emma's grandmother, Henry's great-grandmother, and Charming's mother in law.  All at the same time. Therefore Regina is Henry's mom and great-grandmother.  O_o

Then we have Cora, who is Regina's mother, and can be considered Snow's grandmother, Emma's great-grandmother and Henry's great-great-grandmother. And because Regina adopted Henry, he is also Cora's grandson.  Hmmm.

The same happens with Henry senior.  He is Henry's great-great-grandfather due to Regina's marriage, and is also his grandfather because Henry is Regina's son.

And if Bae turns out to be Henry's dad, then Rumps is Henry's grandfather along with Charming, and Milah is Henry's grandmother.  In this scenario we can also think of Rumps as Emma's father in law, even though she is no longer with Bae (if it turns out that Neal is Bae).

We can also think of Hook as some kind of "step grandfather" to Henry because of his relationship with Milah, and is therefore Bae's "step father" which leads us to Hook being the boyfriend of Bae's mother and almost like Emma's "father in law."  Hook was flirting with Emma who used to be Bae's girlfriend, the son of his girlfriend.  Awkward.

Then there's the cringe worthy wrongness between Hook and Cora.

In the last episode, Cora, in full tilt cougar mode, goes all S&M on Hook making the rock walls come alive and restrain his arms.  Then she yanks the hook out of his stump and then uses it to slowly push open his shirt, revealing his luxurious chest pelt, which she clearly desired. Will she give him a bit of a nuzzle and go NOM, NOM, NOM or will she revert to type and rip out his heart?  Ew.  Step grandpa and grandma/great-great-grandma flirting with each other is so, so wrong.

Also, King George can be seen as Charming's father, which will make him Emma's grandfather and Henry's great-grandfather.  Although Charming's bio-parents are Henry's real great-grandparents, as well as Snow's bio-mom being Henry's grandmother.

And because Regina married Leopold and Snow being her step-daughter, that would make Henry and Snow brother and sister by adoption/marriage.  O_o

Yeah, that's one effed up fairy tale family tree.  And makes for lots of awkwardness around the dinner table for the holidays!  And the best part is if the arguments get too intense, then Rumps, Cora, and Regina can blast each other and anyone else with Dark Magic or rip out some hearts.  Fairy Tale Land is better than any trailer park or soap opera!  LOL

16 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Funny you should mention OUAT. I'll be able to watch the show as well as off 12/12/12.

And we got our first snow this morning. Winter has actually arrived on time this year (well, more or less).

Monday, December 03, 2012 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I'll be able to watch the show as well as off 12/12/12. Yay! NL is finally catching up with the English speaking world! Although last night's episode got me a bit pissed off. Much unappreciative dickishness. Now I hope Cora kicks some ass in Storybrooke and RumpleGold beats the crap out of Hook for hitting Belle and knocking her out and Regina can zap some assholes. Lots of beat downs should be ensuing for the second part of the cliffhanger. :)

first snow A proper snowfall or a bit of a dusting like last time? No busting your butt and breaking equipment again, okay? Be careful out there!

OT, there was a HUGE possum tiptoeing across the top of the fence in the back yard last night and the squirrels were scavenging the ground this morning. Bold critters.

Monday, December 03, 2012 5:49:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

A proper snowfall or a bit of a dusting like last time?

A dusting of whole centimeters...

No busting your butt and breaking equipment again, okay?

You remembered! Yeah, I broke my parents' camera then, had to buy them a new one.

a HUGE possum

Ooo, can you get those to play dead?

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:01:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

can you get those to play dead? I've never seen one play dead. They're either authentically dead or they scurry away...usually. I saw a juvenile one stand its ground and hiss at some children who were tormenting it a few years ago.

So who's it gonna be payin' ya a visit this year, Sinterklaas or Piet? ;P

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:06:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

So who's it gonna be payin' ya a visit this year, Sinterklaas or Piet? ;P

I think I've been a good boy this year... so it'll probably Sinterklaas if anyone. Then again, Zwarte Piet takes the bad boys on a (free) trip to Spain as punishment. Hmmm, Spain does sound nice and warm. :)

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

(free) trip to Spain as punishment Yeah, it's Ibiza that all the bad boys and girls go to, right? Spain during winter never seemed like much of a punishment to me. I've been itching for a sword fight lately. Toledo has some of the best ones. We should meet up. ;P

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:52:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

We should meet up. ;P

I'll bring my Masamune katana. There can be only one! :P

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Since when do you have a Masamune katana?

My sword in the picture a few posts back is from Toledo. I'd like to get a couple fencing foils. I miss having swords that are light enough for a good sword fight. I used to have a couple "decorative" ones when I was a kid that me and my friends used to use for sword fighting. They were real metal but not sharp and light and thin. What one lacks in technique can be made up for with speed and gusto. Fun times.

I wouldn't want to ruin any of my expensive swords so a good fencing foil would be a must. One time at the kringloopwinkel I found a real fencing mask but I didn't buy it because it was nasty with sweat stains. And what the hell would I do with that without the foils?

Hey Arekino, have you ever been to that Kasteel over in Heeswijk? What are you up to lately? Anything interesting gong on in your neck of the woods?

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:54:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Since when do you have a Masamune katana?

I don't have one. When you mentioned Toledo I was reminded of the Toledo de Salamanca sword from the first Highlander movie. The Highlander character apparently (as I had to look that up) had a "Masamune katana". (the Toledo de S. wasn't a "real" sword unfortunately. It was made for the movie.)



to be continued...

Thursday, December 06, 2012 4:21:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

have you ever been to that Kasteel over in Heeswijk?

Nope.

What are you up to lately?

Still relearning my math. Been playing around a bit with google sketchup.

Anything interesting gong on in your neck of the woods?

I wish. :/

Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I don't have one. :(

No winter festivities in your town?

Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:54:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Well, there's the Christmas market on the 9th of december. There's some other stuff but nothing that really interests me.


Do you have any special winter festivities in Florida?

Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Oh yes. There's the famous Ft. Lauderdale Winterfest Boat Parade that happens every year. People decorate their boats/yachts with lights and crap and wear costumes and it's a big spectacle. I've never actually been even though it happens on the New River right in front of where I used to work. It's easier to watch it on TV. :P

Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:24:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

It's easier to watch it on TV. :P

Yeah, I suppose so. Although you could still go this year. It's about 8 days from now, I think?

It's not a very wintery event by the looks of it. We're about to have a rather cold night as temperatures are expected to drop to minus 7 degrees Celsius.

Oh, I made some brownies today (also, some chocolate flavoured cookies a couple of days ago). They look okay and they taste pretty good.

Friday, December 07, 2012 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I've never been too interested in that boat parade thingy. I was invited to go a couple times but it's just too much hassle for something that seems rather boring to me.

I wish it would get cold here. It has been a steady 80F/26C for the last couple weeks. It's not blazing hot as the humidity has been on the low side but it just doesn't feel Christmas-y when it's hot.

I made some brownies today (also, some chocolate flavoured cookies a couple of days ago). Great minds think alike! I was going to make some gingerbread- looked up a recipe last night- but I don't have a key ingredient-the ginger. Well, I have some but it is 1,000 years old at least and has lost its essence. I'll have to pick up some while I'm out today.

Friday, December 07, 2012 3:04:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Ginger is one of my favourite spices. It's even better than pepper. :)

Friday, December 07, 2012 4:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home