Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hurricane Isaac can kiss my ass.

What a pain in the ass hurricanes and tropical storms are. This one is no exception. I'm not wishing for hurricane force winds. I don't even want tropical storm force winds but I'll take them as opposed to hurricane force ones. What I would really like is for this storm to go the hell away.

Regardless, I've had to spend the better part of the day preparing for what may or may not come. I put up the hurricane panels to the windows and rounded up all the miscellaneous crap from around the yard and locked it in the dog kennel. I rearranged the crap in the car-port and pulled my car in there. I put batteries in all the lanterns and flash lights and the little TV so I'm about as ready as I can get.

My mother is driving me completely insane because of this stupid storm. She loves worrying just as much as nagging. In fact, she can combine the two so she can drive me more insane than usual. I wish this fucking storm would hurry up and get the hell out of here so I don't have the extreme stress to deal with.

And to add insult to injury, a nosy relative had to tip my mother off to the fact that my dad bought the property in Tennessee and also told her that he gave $$$$$ to his SiL. That really has my mother set off. She's been berating me all week over that as if I can make my dad do or not do anything. My mother is so envious. All she can think about when he spends money on something is that it's money that she isn't getting. Now she's on the "Aunt B is trying to beat you out of your inheritance" theme. Well, there's no guarantee in that since my dad is so irresponsible that he probably doesn't have a will to begin with and there's no guarantee that he would leave me anything because he can't stand the thought that anything he'd leave to me would benefit my mother.

Anyway, the storm should be here by Sunday evening and last through Monday. Hopefully there won't be too much wind although there *is* supposed to be a lot of rain. Just as long as the power doesn't go out I'll be good. See ya after the storm!

6 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

She's been berating me all week over that as if I can make my dad do or not do anything.

My favourite response to people trying to nag me into doing something is "Well, what are YOU doing about it?" :)

to his SiL.

So this is your mother's sister?

We're having somewhat stormy weather here as well. No where near hurricane level of course. I actually like the sound of rain with the occasional thunder. Very relaxing.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

So this is your mother's sister? No, it's my dad's brother's wife. That particular brother of his died a few years ago.

what are YOU doing about it? My mother actually tried calling him yesterday to nag him but he got crazy as usual and eventually hung up on her. LOL

I'll be glad when this stupid storm passes. We get something called "hurricane fatigue" around here because of all the hype and stress and uncertainty that usually builds up over a week's time.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:20:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

We get something called "hurricane fatigue" around here because of all the hype and stress and uncertainty that usually builds up over a week's time.

Plus, it's an election year :P

Here's hoping Isaac calls it quits sooner than later.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:35:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Hey, no matter what the event, there are always some of your peeps around! They were showing a report from the Keys and there was a Dutch dude and his family there who had just flown in for vacation. He said they didn't evacuate because the people at the hotel said there was nothing to worry about. Besides, he's used to rainy weather where he's from. LOL He's in luck, the storm wasn't too bad and with most everyone down there evacuated he and his family will have the whole place to themselves once the storm is gone by tomorrow. If it had been a bad storm, the Keys are the last place I'd want to be--they are right at sea level--and get over-washed with stronger storms.

There wasn't much bad weather here so far. A few strong squalls with sideways rain and some strong winds but they passed through very quickly. Just overcast and rainy/gloomy all day. It'll be nice when the sun is back out. :)

How are thing on your side? Still rainy?

Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:07:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

How are thing on your side? Still rainy?

It's been decent weather the past few days. Storms tend to hit us at night mostly anyway.

How are you doing? Any water damage to the house or broken electricity stuff in the streets?

Monday, August 27, 2012 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

How are you doing? No too bad. There were some very scary noises last night, perhaps a mini tornado, and I heard some electrical transformers blowing up a few blocks away. We never lost our power here, though, thank God. And the greater miracle: the satellite TV didn't go out! It only went off a couple times for maybe a minute or two.
Any water damage to the house or broken electricity stuff in the streets? Not in my neighborhood(well, not that I can see from my front yard)but others were not so lucky. There were a lot of trees blown out of the ground and some smashed cars and houses from the downed trees. There was a warehouse fire from a lightning strike in Ft. Lauderdale and some parts of Key West got over-washed at high tide today. Lots of seaweed on Duval Street. The winds and rain were actually worse today since the "tail" of the storm is passing directly over Florida from south to north.

Monday, August 27, 2012 3:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home