Monday, July 02, 2012

Unrelated Stuff

Okay. I've decided that my MMA walk-up song will be Estuans Interius from Carmina Burana because that song kicks ass and who the hell else would have that for their walk-up? No one, that's who. Besides, the first line is translated "Burning inside with violent anger..." so that is appropriate for MMA.



Because of all the expensive crap that is happening here, I had to break down and call my dad and ask for money. I am loathe to ask anyone for money ever because I hate to owe anyone anything and there always comes quid pro quo when money is involved. Anyway, my dad was leaving to visit his SiL for the holiday and won't be back for a week at which time we'll discuss the matter further. One of his conditions was that he get his old high school year book back from you know who and also some old family still-life paintings from the old country. So once again, I'm glad that I didn't listen to you know who when she was being vindictive and wanted to throw away the aforementioned paintings. She can be such an asshole. It's not like they are Rembrandts or Vermeers but they are my heritage and wouldn't she think that I might want to have them? Well I did want to have them. And I know I saved the biggest one. The little one I can't remember if it got saved. A third one turned out to be just a framed pic from a magazine and I'm pretty sure it got tossed. I hope my dad will be satisfied with getting one back.

Something that really pisses me off is when people try to rip you off for mucho dinero over a repair that is actually quite simple. The materials to do it are not expensive and all it would take is a helper and you know who to get the hell out of the way with all the negativity and just let me do it. But somehow some asshole who will no doubt do sloppy half-assed work will end up doing it because you know who thinks that that person has some kind of "special" skill and expertise in the matter. Seriously, all kinds of shit would get done around here if it wasn't for her but because she's such a pain in the ass it's just easier for me to avoid the conflict and not do anything. So I am at a permanent impasse. That is all for now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

I am loathe to ask anyone for money ever because I hate to owe anyone anything

Me too! The good news is that as of today I am debt free (AFAIK). :)

I hope my dad will be satisfied with getting one back.

Well, you did your best, right? You can't just magic stuff into existence.

when people try to rip you off

Don't you have some sort of consumer protection agency in Florida? What is it that needs to be fixed BTW? Is the faucet leaking again?

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

The good news is that as of today I am debt free WOO-HOO!!! Congratulations! Bet that feels good, eh?

You can't just magic stuff into existence. The Evil Queen has one up on me in that department. I wish I *could* just poof stuff into existence(or out of existence). That would be a great power to have.

Don't you have some sort of consumer protection agency in Florida? Sure, but they only go after "price gouging." Everyone knows what the other guy charges and they are all expensive so as long as they all collude on the prices and they're all equally high, nothing can be done about it except to DIY.

What is it that needs to be fixed BTW? Need a new roof and to replace a lot of the wood around the edges.

Is the faucet leaking again? No. I fixed that.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 3:37:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Bet that feels good, eh?

It's a relief, really. I'm not jumping with joy but it's nice. :)

they're all equally high

Ah. What about a company from further away that might want to compete with companies from your part of the state?

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

What about a company from further away that might want to compete with companies from your part of the state? There's a little something here called "Miami-Dade County Approved" which means that everything in the county of my residence has to have extra stringent building standards because of the hurricanes. Companies also have to have a special license to do work here because of the extra requirements to the building codes. There are a lot of companies that will not do business here because of the extra licensing requirements.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 6:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home