Friday, June 22, 2012

For LOLz

These pics had me just about laughing my ass off:





FB friends are funny things. The person who I steal these things from is someone with whom I used to go to high school. She was in the next grade up(1 year older). I remember seeing her around school but we were never actually friends. I think she had a couple classes with a few of my friends but I don't ever recall speaking to her at school. The first time we actually met formally was about nine years after graduation when my friends K and W and I went to the NHL All Star block party and this person was a vendor there. I think K had a class with her when we were in school. So now after another few years we're FB friends. It's one of those funny quirks of life; if I had had classes with her when we were both in school I'm sure we would have been great friends. We both have a very similar sense of humor and we seem to have some of the same interests. Now she lives about two hours drive from where I live. Oh well, c'est la vie.

BTW, the second pic I totally need on a shirt!

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

She was in the next grade up(1 year older)

When I was a kid, people in the next grade always seemed soooo much older. Today it just seems ridiculous to think that way about people who are only 1 year older than me or just older. Once you're an adult age becomes much less relevant.

FB friends

I don't have a FB page and I doubt I ever will. Seems too much maintenance work to me. Plus there's the possibility of people from my past contacting me. Could get a little awkward.

BTW, the second pic I totally need on a shirt!

Maybe from the Monty Python site?

Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Oh yeah, Arekino, you're right about kids in school. Those who were older seemed like they were waaaay older. Isn't that funny how kids perceive things? I had a computer class in H/S where a chick who was a cheerleader no less, and who ran for homecoming queen(read:WAY popular)and a senior(holy shit!)sat next to me and we actually got along(and to let a secret out, screwed around in class, pranked each other, pissed off the teacher with all the screwing around, and got to be okay friends). I always wondered what happened to her until FB came along, now guess? ;)

Once you're an adult age becomes much less relevant. <- Truth.

there's the possibility of people from my past contacting me. Could get a little awkward. That bad? If someone who I didn't like tries to friend me I just ignore them. I have all my settings as private as I can get plus I omitted most of my persona info. You could always have an account under a fake name like *some* bloggers do, so I heard. ;)

Maybe from the Monty Python site? I already have one with the B/K and all his limbs cut off and it says "It's only a flesh wound" that I got at Wally World. This one would be a nice addition.

Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:47:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Wally World

Is that a real place? What's the best ride there?

Saturday, June 23, 2012 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Is that a real place? What's the best ride there? LOL!!! No schatje, that's what *some peeps* call Walmart! I guess the best ride there is the motorized shopping carts! LOL ;)
*
*
A quick moogle search reveals that there are a couple places actually called Wally World but they are not big theme parks. :( The one in Indiana has go-carts, though!

(The one from the movie was actually Six Flags Magic Mountain in California. I've never been there or to Cali.)

Saturday, June 23, 2012 2:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home