Thursday, August 15, 2013

Русский Story



Okay, I know that the Leningrad Cowboys aren't *technically* Russian--they're Finnish, actually--but I really love this cover of Sweet Home Alabama.  ;D

Since I let it slip that I have many tales to tell from working with many different Easter European types, and since Russians allegedly bought the house next door, I'll go ahead and tell one of my Russian stories.

Not so long ago, in a city not so far away, I used to have a really fun job in the Arts and Entertainment district in the downtown of  a biggish city.  The manager of my department had a bad habit of hiring people who had absolutely no experience, but would hire them because she would be personally intrigued with something about them.

This one time she hired this Russian guy, I'll call him Pavel for the story, but that's not his real name.  Pavel was yet another one of her personal hires who had no experience in the job he was hired to do, but he had a tonne of experience in being a hustler!  This guy had some chutzpah!  He had been working there for only a few days when he started to try to take advantage of his position.

Right off the bat, he tried to finagle his way into a position that gave him access to expensive products for his personal use and to try to steal.  Then he got his girlfriend hired on.  She was as bad as he was.  This guy was such a trip, he used to hand out his personal business cards during work hours trying to hustle business for himself teaching peeps to speak Russian.  

Like I said, this was in the downtown area, so parking was at a premium.  Pavel used to bring friends with him on his days off and park in the employee lot and then go party at the nearby clubs.  He even got so bold as to come park in the employee lot and then come inside *our* venue and demand entry and then tell peeps that he worked here and it was okay to let him in.  I believe it was at this point that our manager was informed of what he had been up to and he was promptly fired.  If I recall correctly, this dude didn't last two weeks before his antics got him fired. 


2 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Cool story.

Pavel was yet another one of her personal hires

I wonder how *personal* exactly... :p

She was as bad as he was.

In what way?

and then come inside *our* venue

What was the difference between your venue and his?

Friday, August 16, 2013 4:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Xul said...

Sorry I couldn't give more details, but I'm trying my best to not give away which business I'm in. Trying to maintain at least *some* anonymity here. ;)

I wonder how *personal* exactly... :p

Usually some guy who she thought was cute and was trying to go cougar on. ;P

In what way?

A thief and dishonest.

What was the difference between your venue and his?

I just meant that he was using our work lot for free parking, then he got the bright idea that he could come to our workplace on his days off and demand to use the facility for free 'because he was an employee'.

I have some other great stories, I'd just have to email them to ya because some of the things were in the local newspaper(and still online) and that would just give my identy away and I can't have that! ;P

BTW, had the strangest dream last night. I was wandering around this massive log cabin mansion. Then I remember trying to pick out a body wash for you that you would like. Read into that what you'd like. ;P ;D


Friday, August 16, 2013 12:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home