Sunday, April 07, 2013

Strength: 3.5, Endurance: .01

I do not like being out of shape.  Extra pounds according to the scale displease me.  I work out with weights but have been a little lazy with what I have been eating lately and have been getting a bigger arse as a reward.  This is unacceptable.  I made a promise to myself that I would not be one of these people who lets herself get fat and out of shape the older she gets.  This is a promise I intend to keep.  It's easier to get it under control at a few extra pounds than 10 or 20 pounds.

Starting on Friday I decided to start doing 10 minutes a day on the stationary bike.  I did my 10 minutes on Friday, then on Saturday when I got on the bike my arse bones were so sore from the stupid hard bike seat that I could barely sit on the thing.  Luckily for me, I have a gel seat cover for my mountain bike so I took it off of there and put it on the stationary bike.  Too little too late.  My arse was still sore but the gel seat did feel a lot better.  I did my 10 minutes and then had the thought that if 10 minutes was good then 20 minutes would be so much better!  My leg muscles did not have this thought, though.  I barely got to 15 minutes and my legs were about to give out.  Today, I just stuck with the original plan of 10 minutes.  My legs joined my arse in being sore but not so bad that I didn't get through.

It is very shocking how fast I managed to get out of shape since I haven't been working regularly.  My cardio is totally shot, not that I had much cardio conditioning to begin with.  I forgot to mention that at the end of my workout on Friday I decided to peddle as fast as I could for the last 30 seconds.  After I did that my heart was pounding out of my chest so badly that I was about to keel over.  I won't be doing that again!  I'm just going to stick with the 10 minutes at a regular pace.

I'm actually proud of myself that I've managed to keep it up for three days in a row.  Usually I have good intentions to do something and then maybe do it one time and that's it.  Three days is looking like a trend! 

7 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Strength: 3.5, Endurance: .01

What scale are those numbers on? :)

I barely got to 15 minutes

Don't those bikes have a setting to make it easier to do? One of my doctors once said that if you don't exercise for at least 40 minutes or so then it doesn't really help you.

I'm just going to stick with the 10 minutes at a regular pace.

Probably for the best, I'd say. Start easy, gradually make it harder.

maybe do it one time and that's it.

Yeah, a lot of people have that issue. I generally find exercise inside the house a little too boring, which is why I usually go walking or cycling outside.

So, you feel out of shape? Overweight?

Monday, April 08, 2013 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

What scale are those numbers on? :)

I'm gonna be showing my age and nerd cred here, but it's a nod to the old-school Transformers toys--they came with an infrared decoder and a coded stats scale on the back of the box. IIRC, there was strength, endurance, etc on a scale of 1-5.

Don't those bikes have a setting to make it easier to do?

Yes. Mine has a 0-6 shifter to set the resistance. I started out on 1 because I'm really out of shape. :/

if you don't exercise for at least 40 minutes or so then it doesn't really help you.

I'd have to argue with that assessment. Anything is better than nothing.

exercise inside the house a little too boring

Yeah, it is boring. Unfortunately, where I live has gotten too dangerous for walks or bike rides around the neighborhood. The last time I took my bike out around here I got a few menacing looks from hoodlums. It's just not worth the chance. I'd like to do my mountain biking but the State Park raised their entrance fee. :(

So, you feel out of shape? Overweight?

Yes. After just an hour or two of not-quite-moderate yard work I was sore all over the next day. I used to be able to do my job on my feet for 5-8 hours and not even be phased. And my pants are feeling tight. :/

Monday, April 08, 2013 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Four days in a row and three pounds lighter! Woot! It won't be five in a row, though, because I have something to do tonight where I'll be getting plenty of exercise. ;P Laterz!

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:46:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Four days in a row and three pounds lighter!

That doesn't seem possible. 3 pounds is 1.3 kilos? That's a lot in 4 days.

I have something to do tonight

Okay, good luck and have fun! :)

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 2:38:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

That's a lot in 4 days.

I guess technically it would be five days, counting from Friday morning. And I haven't been eating any crap.

good luck and have fun! :)

Making da moolah is always fun! :) There was a guy who was 105 y/o and a holocaust survivor. All nice peeps. I'm tired but it was satisfying.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:29:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

And I haven't been eating any crap.

That helps. I've changed my diet slightly as well. For breakfast I've been eating muesli (boiled in milk) with some honey for extra taste and sometimes a dollop of butter for improved texture. Seems to make my tummy quite happy :)

Making da moolah is always fun! :)

Well, I hope you've made lots :).

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I've been eating omelets for breakfast the past few days. I make them with 2 eggs, diced onion, red bell pepper, green bellpepper, Swiss cheese and hot red pepper flakes.

I didn't have one today, though, just some of the latkes and knishes from last night. There were shit tons of desserts, but I was too busy to get into them. Usually when I'm very busy I don't think about eating.

I'm still tired from last night. I don't know if I'll feel up to doing the bike today--I'll try later, maybe.

At least I was back to having vivid dreams last night. The one I remember was OUAT inspired and *weird*! I guess I'm missing the show while it's on hiatus. LOL

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home