Thursday, March 14, 2013

Xul vs The Thought Police

The best thing about having my own blog is that I can post whatever I bloody well please and if anyone dares to say "boo!" to me in comments then I can immediately delete their comment!  If I want to make a comment about Rose McGowan's face, I can do so without someone coming along and chastising me for it.  I'm so sick of the self appointed thought police over at the OUAT fansite.  The worst among them are the ones who are obviously attention whores and in some make-believe contest to see who can have the most posts.  The mods don't even get into peoples shit like the self-righteous over there.  What the fuck business is it of yours that you HAVE to get on someone's ass over a comment?  If you don't like the comment or don't agree, let it go!  God, I hate douchebags who take everything personally and have to get into fights with strangers over trivial shit and cow them into an apology.

By the way, I didn't personally get into anything with anyone.  I'm just venting about someone being a douchebag to someone who made a negative comment about Rose McGowan's looks on the last episode.  And that person was correct!  They weren't saying that Rose did a poor job acting--quite the opposite.  That person thought Rose was great but was distracted by the obvious plastic surgery that has been done.  And yes, I know that she was in a damn car accident and had her face cut up pretty badly by her glasses.  That is not the point.  The point is she looks waaaay different than she used to and it is a bit distracting.

Rose used to be a very beautiful woman and it's a shame that she was in an accident.  I don't know how extensive her injuries were or how much of the plastic surgery was due to those injuries.  It did appear to me that she had some collagen injections in her upper lip and Botox in her face.  I even did a bit of web searching to look at some before and after pictures to be sure.  She has always had very full lips, but it looked to me like she's had some injections.  I could be wrong.  Anyway, she just doesn't look the same and it's a damn shame.

I'm pretty sure there are trolls out there who have nothing better to do than scour the intertoobs looking for negative comments about Rose so they can pick a fight over "SHE WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT!!!!!eleventy11!!!"

Oy vey!

If you are such a troll, don't bother with your shit here.  You know what I will do!

Anyway, as a brief aside...I have a bit of a 'six degrees of separation' thing with Rose through Marilyn Manson, through the chicks from Jack Off Jill, through a friend of a friend.  LOL

And just another brief aside...it's too bad I don't have the bucks to take a wee vacation up to Vancouver to see either of two friends of mine because OUAT is still filming in the area and it would be cool to get to meet some of the cast.  I've heard that some of the regulars are really good about saying hello to the fans and signing autographs and taking pics.  I usually only get fangirlish with hockey players but this show is my exception!  ;P

And one last thing...because I agree with a lot of peeps out there that Henry is an annoying little brat who desperately needs to be put in his place once in a while...

It made me LOL.  Peeps sure are fast...this was from one of the preview pics for the next episode.

7 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

but it looked to me like she's had some injections.

I think I agree with you. Collagen disappears over time, doesn't it? And so will the Botox. I don't think she needs it.

Henry is an annoying little brat who desperately needs to be put in his place once in a while

Really? He seemed okay in the first season.

Friday, March 15, 2013 2:58:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Collagen disappears over time, doesn't it? I believe so, but I have no idea how long it takes.

And so will the Botox. Yep. Although Botox paralyzes the facial muscles. Seems counter-intuitive.

Like I said before, I don't know the extent of her injuries but she did herself no favor with the extra stuff. She's 39 years old. She doesn't need all that crap.

I'm not that far behind in age, but I don't think I'll ever go the Botox and collagen route. I'm just gonna try to take care of myself the best I can. Hell, someone thought that I was 30 just the other day so I must be doing something right! :)

Really? He seemed okay in the first season. He's willful and disobedient and sees things in black and white. Someone needs to sit him down and tell him a thing or two.

BTW, I only looked at maybe 3 or 4 of the preview pics for the next episode and had to stop myself so I didn't spoil it. I have to wonder what Regina is holding there. The last time she had a little piece of something it was one of those "one pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small...this mushroom does this, the other does that" kinda deals. I can hardly wait to find out! LOL

And one other little thing...Snow is both Henry's grandmother and sister through marriage/adoption. Regina is his mom/step great-grandmother. LOL That kid has the most screwed up family tree EVAR!!!

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:53:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

I don't think I'll ever go the Botox and collagen route.

Me neither. I mean, maybe someday I'll upgrade myself into a cyborg but for now I'm not gonna let a bunch of witch doctors play with my face.

Snow is both Henry's grandmother and sister through marriage/adoption.

I get that she's his grandmother but how can she be his sister? Does her father marry Emma? We need a family tree, darned!

That kid has the most screwed up family tree EVAR!!!

Does it start to feel a bit soapy to you? There's this tendency in US TV shows these days. They did that with Battlestar Galactica as well somewhat.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:13:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I'm not gonna let a bunch of witch doctors play with my face. Nor should you. You have a lovely face and such nice lips, too. Don't let them witch doctors mess 'em up! ;)

how can she be his sister? Regina was married to Snow's father, so Regina is her stepmother. Then Regina adopted Henry. They are brother and sister through marriage/adoption. LOL

We need a family tree, darned! I should totally do one! I saw one that someone did that was pretty cool but it needs to be updated since the 2.14 episode. Now it's even more complicated! LOL

Does it start to feel a bit soapy to you? Subtly so. I think it's funny, but then I have a warped sense of humor. There was a line a few episodes ago that they're glad they don't celebrate Thanksgiving where they come from. I think that was a bit of a nod to the fandom. Lot's of peeps on the various fan sites have been saying that.

And what are you up to this fine day, Arekino? Is it still brisk in your neck of the Enchanted Forest? Any good tulpen sightings?

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:22:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Is it still brisk in your neck of the Enchanted Forest?

Yeah, oddly it is. A couple of weeks ago it was like Spring had arrived and now it's Winter all over again with snow and all.

Any good tulpen sightings?

Not that I know of. There aren't a lot of tulips farms around here. And it's still pretty cold, especially at night. I've actually started wearing pyjamas. Usually I just wear a T-shirt.

And how are your nights?

Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

snow and all. Really? How much?

And how are your nights? Our weather has been as schizophrenic as yours. It was downright cold a few days ago and then it warmed up bit by bit over the last few days, but still cool at night. Today would have been a good beach day(if you can handle a bit of a nip in the air). It was warm and sunny with a few puffy clouds but not at all humid. My yard has a few micro-climates and in the back under the trees it was still a bit cool.

I wish I had someone to drag to the beach. Today would have been good for a couple hour drive up to Jupiter or Stuart. The beaches up there are nicer and not crowded with douchebags.

Usually I just wear a T-shirt. Ah, same bedtime uniform as me! ;P

Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:18:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Really? How much?

Not a lot, just centimetres. But we've had temperatures of 10 degrees below freezing point which is unusual for this time of the year.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home