Thursday, April 04, 2013

More snakes

I was trying to complete the job of raking up all the leaves in my back yard today.  The trees here have their seasons ass backwards, especially the avocado trees;  they drop their leaves in the spring when they are budding.  So there were a shit-ton of leaves out back that needed to be picked up.  Luckily for me, tomorrow is garbage day and the wheelie bin can hold three times that of a regular size garbage can.  I got three can-fulls into the big bin and then filled three and have them sitting in the car port.  There is still a bit more to pick up.  It will probably fill two cans.

Anyway,  my yard is full of snakes.  Full of them!  As I was raking the leaves today, I uncovered two more snakes.  At least they were just the little ring neck variety.  One slithered away while I was raking and the other did not.  As I was picking up the leaves that I had raked into a pile, I saw the tail moving in the pile.  I was already being hyper-vigilant and imagining snakes where there weren't any--some sticks were rather snake like.  But to nearly pick up a handful of leaves containing a snake?  No.  Just no.  I don't want to touch any snakes.  Or get bitten by one.  I'm not afraid of snakes but the damn things always manage to startle me.  I have no idea where that snake actually got to.  I poked at the pile with the rake and gave it a couple minutes.  Then when I started picking the leaves up and got to the bottom of the pile, the snake was gone.  I'm guessing it managed to slither into some adjacent ferns.

Now I get to finish up tomorrow.  I'm sure there will be more snakes waiting for me.

8 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

I'm sure there will be more snakes waiting for me.

Geesh! I'd buy me some snake proof gloves or something. Or a big can of Snake-Away Spray. :)

Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:21:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Arekino! OMG, I had such a dream about you last night! It was one that was so good that I didn't want to wake up! :D

It was another water-related dream. I don't know why I keep having those.

I don't know if this is normal for people, but I have a distinct "dream land" with familiar places. They aren't actual real-life places like places around town, but familiar as in I dream of the same places. Weird, huh?

I'd buy me some snake proof gloves or something.

I have some thick leather welder's gloves, but I hate wearing gloves to work in. I'll just have to be careful. Luckily for me, the snakes in my yard don't seem to be the bitey type.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:25:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

Weird, huh?

Nah, I find it weirder how little I myself seem to be dreaming. I wish I had a dream land.

So... do you want to tell me about it?

BTW do those snakes ever enter the house?

Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:14:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

I wish I had a dream land.

My dream land is odd. There is this one big grave yard with the really huge monument style markers. Then there is a seaside and this one place near there that I dream about often. I could almost draw a map from memory.

So... do you want to tell me about it?

Yes and no. I probably should not for the protection of the innocent. However, every time I think about it I get the hugest grin. ;P So it wasn't bad from my perspective! ;P ;P ;P

BTW do those snakes ever enter the house?

No. Never. Only the occasional lizard but I catch those and put them back outside.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:59:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

So do you like your dream land? Is it a friendly place? Are there people there? Or snakes?

every time I think about it I get the hugest grin.

Now what am I supposed to think about that? Should I be glad to have been of service... or what?

Friday, April 05, 2013 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

So do you like your dream land? Yes.

Is it a friendly place?

It seems to be neutral for the most part. Although there's one place that has a foreboding atmosphere(not the graveyard). From what I remember I'm usually riding my bike through there and I'm usually trying to hurry and not get caught.

Are there people there? Or snakes?

It's mainly open spaces. Not many people. No snakes, at least I don't recall ever dreaming about snakes.

Now what am I supposed to think about that?

IDK, what am *I* supposed to think? It's my subconscious after all! ;) I'll just say that neither of us were acting in character. I was rather surprised by it. I had snakes on the brain all day and that was definitely not snakes.

Should I be glad to have been of service... or what?

I was thinking that if it was real I'd be sending you a big box of chocolates, but since it was all in my head, maybe I should buy myself some. ;P

I actually looked up some dream websites. What I was having was definitely a "lucid" dream. One site said that when you have one of those you will feel fabulous for the whole day. I certainly did.

I'm going to do a post about dreaming and lucid dreaming. I feel really bad for people who don't have an active dream life. It's like missing one of your senses if you don't dream regularly. It's as horrible to me as if you couldn't see colors or taste chocolate.

Friday, April 05, 2013 2:32:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

I'm going to do a post about dreaming and lucid dreaming.

Cool. I'm gonna try to do some dreaming myself now. Nighty-night!

Friday, April 05, 2013 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

May your dreams be fabulous and lucid!

Friday, April 05, 2013 8:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home