Monday, April 29, 2013

Disaster!

Tonight when I went to Walmart to pick up a few things, I came fully prepared with enough money to buy that watch that I had been lusting over.  The first thing that I noticed when I went to the display case was that it had been rearranged and there were new watches in there.  The second thing that I noticed was that MY WATCH WAS GONE!!!  Some effing bastard bought my watch!  DAMMIT TO HELL!!!

I am soooo pissed!  I knew I should have bought it the last time I was in there even though I didn't have enough cash on me.  I should have just put it on the damn credit card.  I doubt that I'm going to be able to get another one that nice for only $55.  The other watch that I kinda liked, an Elgin(I think it's like this one), was still there but it was $10 more and was more of a fashion style than a strictly utilitarian style.  It was one of those "skeleton" styles that you could see a bit of the gears from the front and it had kinda offset dials.  It looked cool but was a bit difficult to tell the time just at a glance.  And then the band had weird black highlights that made it look cheap.  Bugger!

All the other Amitron watches that were similar to the one I wanted had those damn blue faces and different bands and were at least $20 more.  But who knows?  Maybe I'll get lucky and find one like the one I want at another store.  Most Walmarts have the same items for sale.  Grrrrrr...I am NOT a happy camper at the moment.


****Update****

Okay, now I'm EXTRA PISSED!!! I was looking around that website where I found the pic of the Elgin and THEY HAVE AN ARMITRON WATCH LIKE THE ONE I WANT!!!  And why would this make me even more pissed?  BECAUSE I HATE BUYING THINGS ON THE INTERNET!!!!!   Harumph!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Some effing bastard bought my watch!

Wouldn't ya know it? I guess someone else has an eye for bargains as well. :/

Most Walmarts have the same items for sale.

But you'd lose a lot of money on gas driving to all of those, I think.

BECAUSE I HATE BUYING THINGS ON THE INTERNET

Yeah, I only buy expensive stuff online from stores that I know are *quite* trustworthy. And by "expensive" I mean anything over 10 euros, I am Dutch after all ;P

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

But you'd lose a lot of money on gas driving to all of those, I think.

I have to go to Sam's in the next few days to pick up some things and there's a Walmart next door. I'll have a look when I go.

from stores that I know are *quite* trustworthy.

Yeah, me too. Only from large national stores. I *have* bought items from other places online and only got ripped off once, but not really. I reported that place to my credit card company, my money was reimbursed, and the credit card company dealt with the legal stuff. Since then I stick with well known businesses.

And by "expensive" I mean anything over 10 euros, I am Dutch after all ;P

LOL Mi familia! ;P I *may* have inherited that gene. ;P ;P ;P

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:02:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

I just had a look at your comment archives list and noticed that you've been blogging for 6 years! Wow! Did you think you'd be blogging for this long when you first started?

Also, I don't think I've ever noticed the XUL MUST BE OBEYED banner at the bottom of the page. Stylish. :)

BTW, weren't you going to do a OUAT post?

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:11:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

you've been blogging for 6 years!

Yeah, 'Wow' is right! I hadn't noticed myself!

Did you think you'd be blogging for this long when you first started?

No. If you notice in the first few years, I didn't post that much. It's kinda 'a thing' now. :)

Stylish. :)

My EQ side showing. ;P

BTW, weren't you going to do a OUAT post?

I figured that's what you were waiting for! LOL I'm working on it. I got distracted by some things on a particular message board and dragged out my psychology textbooks for a little refresher. Not surprisingly, what was said was WRONG but no use arguing with idiots on the internet although there *were* some valid points.

Then I got to thinking about one particular scene and how it was just so 'WTF?' that I started cracking myself up doing a "Retelling According to Xul" and I was cracking myself up so bad that I'm going to do two more scenes "As Told by Xul" and hopefully you'll see the humor. (It's funny cuz I imagine it the way I'd be having a conversation with my sister...we used a certain vernacular like we were straight out of the Roseanne show or Beavis and Butthead...a sorta early '90 teenager dialect...and it makes me LOL.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home