Monday, October 29, 2012

More OUAT Stuff

Now I've reached the point where I've gone full-on fangirl retard over this show.  Last night's episode was freakin' AWESOME!  And I was mostly correct in my predictions, just that my timeline of events was a bit different.  This show is totally a fairy tale soap opera for adult nerds.  Now I think I might be getting to the level of pathology as the Twilight tweener fangirls.  It's gonna be all Team Regals vs Team Rumples just like the Team Edward vs Team Jacob thing.  I bet you can't guess who I'm backing!  LOL

And I have to get a kick out of all the morons on the OUAT Facebook page who are all butt-hurt over the fact that Whale is Frankenstein.  Oh, waaaah, wahhhh, waahhhh!!!  Frankenstein isn't a fairy tale!  Waaaah. waaahhh, waaaahhhhh!!!!!   But they aren't butt-hurt over Mulan and Hook.  Those two aren't from Grimm's or other classic fairy tales.  I like that the writers are pulling material from many sources of classic fiction.  It makes the show more interesting.

And pulled form the FB comments, the one non-moronic comment that pretty much summed up my feelings:

...I am really enjoying this season. I love how the writers are incorporating characters not from the original fairy tale realm, like Dr. Frankenstein and Captain Hook. It's funny, but the more I see of Regina's back story and how she went down the path of evil, the more I feel bad for her. Truth be told, she was kind of doomed. Momma controlled and frightened her, killed the man she loved and forced her to marry the king. And Rumpelstiltskin turned her evil. It is getting harder to sympathize with ole Rump because he is pulling everyone else's strings, so to speak. He is a chess player, a strategist, a man who sees long term. And I am guessing he had to push Regina into unleashing the curse because he didn't have anyone left he loved enough to sacrifice...

True dat.

Yeah, Rumple is a real evil dick.  He's a total conniving puppet master who totally conspired with Jefferson and Frankie to manipulate Regina.  Rump has been manipulating her all along, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was conspiring with Cora, and the way things unfolded, he just tweaked his grand scheme a bit to use Regina instead.  The way the writers have Rumps character written is so hard-core that I even looked up the Degradations of Evil scale from the show Most Evil because, frankly, the level of manipulation is rather shocking.  I think there could be some argument at this point over which "evil" character is the most evil just based on evil acts, but Rumple and Cora certainly seem to be the most ruthless and unrepentant.

Anyhoo, I am sooo loving this show and I can hardly wait until Sunday for the next episode!

2 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

I've gone full-on fangirl retard

Noooooooo... You never go full retard! :P

Well, at least you're not bored. :)

Monday, October 29, 2012 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Well, at least you're not bored. :) Are you bored? Because this seems the place to come for those around the world who are bored! Ya know that post I did a while back about being bored? Well, that's my new #1 keyword for most site hits. Seems peeps from all over the world are bored. I'll have to be on my game, I guess! LOL

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home