Saturday, July 07, 2012

Odds and Ends

Recently, the satellite company decided to nix the AMC channel and replace it with something called HD Net. Since I really didn't watch anything on AMC it was no biggie. At least this HD Net channel shows MMA from time to time and they also show a kickboxing program from Belgium. I like that show quite a lot. It's much more fast paced than MMA since there is no grappling. Just punches and kicks and knees. The last one had a bunch of buff Dutch dudes kicking the shit out of dudes from assorted Middle Eastern countries. Very entertaining.

Tonight I was watching the prelims for UFC 148, Chael Sonnen vs Anderson Silva. One of the fights got a little chippy with the Japanese dude doing a bit of eye poking and grazing the other dude's junk a bit. The announcer described it as Old Time Kung Fu--all eye gouging and kicking you in the balls. LOL!!! As a practitioner of Old Time Kung Fu, all I can say is guilty as charged! That's why kung fu isn't the best for MMA. It's the best for real life dirty street fighting. The more vicious the better. And I have some questions for my gentleman reader: Have you ever been kicked in the balls? And have you ever been kicked in the balls while wearing a cup? And if so, does it really hurt that bad even with the cup? Because some of these MMA dudes seem to carry on excessively even if they are only slightly grazed in the nether regions.

In other news: now the damn lawn mower doesn't want to work properly. I figured it was a problem with the spark plug the last time I was mowing since it would start and then crap out. Unfortunately the back-up plug that I had was used but not as dirty as the one being replaced. It worked enough to finish the yard the last time but today when I took out the mower it would start up and then cut out after a few seconds. The air filter was REALLY dirty like it had an entire peat bog sucked into it so I cleaned that out and reinstalled it but it didn't seem to have much of an effect. Then I changed out the gas just in case it was stale. No dice. So I'll have to go buy a new spark plug tomorrow and hope that that's what the problem is. Otherwise it could very well be a carburetor problem. That should be really fun for me to fix. Maybe I should pick up some carb cleaner while I'm at it. I really hope it's just the damn spark pug.

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

kicked in the balls?

Only by way of a soccer ball. Had a couple of those to the face as well. I've never worn a cup.

That should be really fun for me to fix.

Do you have any experience with fixing engines?

Sunday, July 08, 2012 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I've never worn a cup. Playing fast and loose, huh? But how bad did it hurt? Inquiring minds want to know!

Do you have any experience with fixing engines? Nope. But with small engines it's usually only a few culprits like the spark plug or dirty carburetor or air filter.

Sunday, July 08, 2012 11:04:00 AM  
Anonymous arekino said...

But how bad did it hurt?

Gosh, It's hard to put into words. Oddly the pain is located in the lower abdomen and sort of feels like an extreme ice-cream head ache does. It's an exquisite relief when it dissipates.

a few culprits like the spark plug or dirty carburetor or air filter.

or a gasket. I had that once with an old-ish moped.

Monday, July 09, 2012 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

feels like an extreme ice-cream head ache does Och! That's gotta suck! Definitely not the same as when a female gets kicked there.

Well, I got the mower running. I will make a separate post to tell all about it since it was a real doozy.

Monday, July 09, 2012 9:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home