Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It's Nothing Personal

When I was growing up I'm sure we had ginger haired kids in school but I can't recall them being teased any more than anyone else. The one kid I DO remember being brutally teased was the girl who picked her nose and ate the boogers. That's fucking gross! You do stuff like that and you're pretty much bringing it upon yourself. But anyway, I'm getting myself side tracked. I'm not discussing booger eaters right now, I'm discussing gingers.

I am not attracted to ginger haired people. It's nothing personal, I just don't find it appealing. Strawberry blonde on women isn't so bad, neither is a darker shade of red. I just can't take that bright, orangey colour coupled with pale, freckled skin. It turns me right off. And get them sun burned? Oy! Cooked lobster red followed by the freckles turning a greenish hue. Blech.

My worst ginger story, the one that is permanently seared into my mind's eye, is...

My best friend from high school married a ginger haired guy. He's of Scottish descent. He's a lovely, articulate, well educated and well mannered guy and has a wicked sense of humour. I like him very much even if I do find him to be physically repulsive. For not only is he ginger haired but he is also terribly out of shape, complete with man breasts.

So this one particular day, I went over to their house for a visit. My friend opens the door and lets me in. Then, hubby comes waltzing out of the bedroom in all his shirtless glory! Oh. My. God. The most horrible image. All pasty-white flab with sparse, orangey-ginger chest hairs. I had such a visceral reaction that I had to immediately avert my eyes. I don't know if he picked up on how repulsed I was or not, but he did go and put on a shirt. Gawd, I couldn't help but imagine how he must look completely naked with ginger pubes, or the two of them having sex. It put me right off.

Like I said before, nothing personal, I just don't find that sort of thing attractive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Slutty McWho? said...

Well, at least you didn't have to massage him like I did!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Gah!!!!! I think I just might develop a permanent shudder! That deserves hazard pay. And to think I was all disgruntled about my day at work today!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

My 3rd wife delivered a ginger baby, we drowned him in a bucket and I feel totally justified.Too much Irish blood that is.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 1:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home