Saturday, October 27, 2007

Just In Time For Halloween

Yesterday, when I stepped out my door going to work, I was greeted with a lovely, big spider web in the face. Now, I don't usually mind spiders, I actually like them very much, except when they weave their webs at face height in my front walkway. Luckily, I felt the web before I walked completely through it.


"That does it, Miss Spider," I said, knocking the web down with a circular motion of my hand and placing the web, spider and all into some nearby bushes. "I think this will be a better place for you to build your web." Miss Spider wasn't very impressed and tried to crawl up my arm in the process. "Sorry, dude, you're staying here."

So today when I came home from work, I noticed that Miss Spider has a friend. It's a lovely, big Golden Silk spider. My favorite native species. Here's a pic.

I think the little beasties know what time of year it is. Who needs fake, plastic spiders when you have the real deal!

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Yuck Yuck Yuck and stomp.

Friday, November 02, 2007 2:42:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Oh come on Old K, the wee beasties of the world, they don't know that their ugly!

Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home