Monday, September 03, 2007

It Was Like That Seinfeld Episode

I had to take my car in to the dealer. I HATE taking any vehicle to the dealer because they are Thieving Bastards™. Well, most all mechanics are Thieving Bastards™ but especially the dealers. I didn't mind so much in this case because my car is still under warranty (thank God) and I wouldn't have to pay the $600 repair bill.

The driver's side power window went on the fritz, which was really inconvenient since I need to be able to roll the window down to swipe the card thingy to get through the security gate at work. My car isn't even that old and things shouldn't be breaking so soon, but hey, if it lasted forever the car companies wouldn't continue to make money off you.

Another thing I hate is for anyone to drive my car. People always like to move the seat around, adjust the tilt, play with the mirrors, screw with the air vents, steal your coins and cd's, radar detector, GPS, etc. and mechanics always manage to get grease on the upholstery. And what the fuck do they think they are accomplishing by putting that little piece of paper on the floor? My thick, rubber mats aren't sufficient?

Anyway, I took it in and they finished the work in about an hour and a half which is a miracle in itself. The other miracle was that nothing seemed to be screwed with. Amazing. And the window worked on top of all of it.

I took it home and had a couple days off and didn't go anywhere in the car. After a couple days, I had to go somewhere and go out to the car, open the door, and Holy Christ! The car reeked of B.O.!!! God Almighty! Don't mechanics believe in deodorant? And greasy smelling B.O. on top of it. I immediately had a flashback to that Seinfeld episode.

So much for that new car smell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Those bastard mechanics must follow me around cos people say they can smell B.O. everytime I'm around.

Saturday, September 08, 2007 3:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home