Monday, August 20, 2007

Masters of Science Fiction? Don't Flatter Yourselves

Clearly I am not dead yet. I did, however, have the great grand daddy of all head colds which led to my watching more TV than usual. So over the weekend, while watching some gawd awful boring dreck, I decided to search the channel guide to see if there was anything interesting on.

There was this new programme on ABC entitled The Masters of Science Fiction. Well, I like science fiction well enough, so lets take a look. This particular episode starred Malcolm McDowell and that fake lesbian Anne Heche who I cannot stand, the nasally, smug cunt. I'd rather listen to fingernails scratching across a chalkboard than listen to her. Well, Malcolm McDowell is in it and he was in A Clockwork Orange, so lets give it a look anyway.

So the story turned out to be about an anthropoid named Jerry who was scheduled to be turned into dog food, but piqued the interest of The Worlds Seventh Richest Woman (Heche) who believed that he had feelings and therefore was a person and had rights.

Well, this story sounds a bit familiar. I believe it has already been done, this artificial life is actually human rubbish. I remember a movie called Bicentennial Man starring Robin Williams with the same premise, which was ripped off from an Isaac Asimov short story, The Bicentennial Man. At the end, they showed a preview of next week's installment which was clearly a rip off of Total Recall.

So you people should probably call your little programme The Masters of Plagiarism instead of The Masters of Science Fiction, or perhaps An Utterly Boring Waste of Time. If I want to watch shite science fiction, I'll stick to the Sci-Fi Channel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Masturbators of time wasting maybe, some actors will appear in any old shite it must have been rent week. Heche is a natural born train wreck.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home