Monday, August 06, 2007

I Have Finally Found My Calling

I recently had a conversation with Mrs. PA about a t-shirt they had at Wal-Mart. It said "Genius by birth, slacker by choice". "That is you exactly!" said Mrs. PA. "You are sooo smart and you should go back to school and stop wasting your time..." Well, I had to agree...somewhat.
I'm a total lazy arse. Well, maybe not total. I am gainfully employed, even if it's in a field that most think is beneath me. I really don't fucking care. At least I'm not on the dole with 5 or 6 kids and smoking crack. Why have a job that stresses me out and gets me to an early grave? I don't need that shit! What I do, I do for me and if anyone doesn't like it they can fuck the hell off. I actually don't mind what I do. It's easy as fuck all and I have plenty of time off and very little stress. I could make more money at it if I pushed myself, but for what? Like I said, I'm not trying to impress anyone. I think keeping up appearances is fucking wank.

So yesterday, the fucking hottest day of the year so far, 97 degrees, was way too hot to be outside. I sat around all day watching the X-Games. That is when I discovered my true calling. It's called Rally Car racing. It totally rocks. It's like baja racing in a little rice burner which is very similar to driving in S. Fla. I think I'm overqualified.

Now, could I get some sponsors? And one of those nifty little Subarus. That would be great.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

I always wanted to be a race car driver, myself, but rally cars just don't have enough ooomph for me. Although Jason Bourne taking that old Mini Cooper through Paris was fucking brilliant.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:11:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Well, I'm lucky enough to live near three different speedways where you can go race. I did the one down in Homestead where a professional driver takes you for a few laps in a NASCAR car. It'll scare the shit out of you! And they don't even take you at top speed. Those guys really have my respect.

The part I liked was when they jumped the rally cars a la Evel Kneivel.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

Ooooh, you lucky git! I live not too far from the California Speedway, and I would love to do that racing thing, but it's kinda pricey.

Friday, August 10, 2007 4:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home