Monday, April 16, 2012

Stoked

I've been working on my little project that I mentioned in the last post.  Now, even though the hockey jersey thing would look awesome, I shifted direction a little and have been working on a version for a baseball jersey.  I think I finally got my creative mojo back after many years.  I am soooo totally beyond stoked!  I've been thinking about it constantly for two days now so I dug out some of my old calligraphy books and such trying to get some inspiration.  Well, I couldn't find anything that suited me so I just got a piece of paper and started free-handing an Evil Regals script design.  And I must say, for a first draft it looks fucking ace!  Of course, I still have to tweak the sizing and some design elements a bit, but I'm totally loving what I have so far.  And I banged it out in about 15 minutes, so hell yeah!

Sorry, but I'm not putting a pic up because there are too many little thieves out there who like to gank the original artwork of others. (Arekino, you're the exception.  Check your email.  I'd like you to critique it and give me your opinion.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Hi! I haven't really got anything new to say so I'll just repeat what I said in the email:

Wow, you *have* been creative. I like it a lot. Your choice to go with a baseball jersey is right on the money, I think.


So... are you going to print the letters on or sew them in?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Glad you liked it! I want to do it properly with actual fabric and embroidery but that is going to be a lot of work and I really suck at sewing. I didn't do too well in Home Ec class. :-( It would be a lot easier to do it with fabric paint and a stencil but that looks cheesy. Plus, I need to buy a plain black baseball jersey somewhere. Grrr...It's all very involved. I wish I had one of those screen printing machines like they used to sell on TV. I'd start cranking out some t-shirts with the design and make some moolah!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

It's possible to make one of those screen printing screens at home. Shouldn't be too hard. I don't have any personal experience with this either unfortunately.

You know, this has often happened to me as well. I have an awesome idea but lack the skillz to turn it into a real product.

Not that I'm saying *you* can not do it. I just understand the frustration. ;)

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

It sucks being creative sometimes, doesn't it? :P And yes, I looked into making my own screen printing equipment before. I've had other ideas for shirts before this one. It *is* frustrating to have ideas but not the disposable income to make it so. I don't want to risk investing in supplies and equipment and then have the product turn out craptastic or me being the only one who likes or would wear the design. Damn cost/benefit analysis! *shakes fist*

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home