Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Snakey

My yard has gotten very snakey lately.  First, there was a racer snake slithering up the front walkway a couple weeks ago when I went out to get the mail.  It freaked me the hell out at first because it was reared up like a cobra but when it saw me it turned tail and hauled ass into the shrubbery.  Then, a couple days ago when I was painting the house, a HUGE racer came slithering out of the bromeliads a couple feet from where I was standing.  I caught the motion out of the corner of my eye and turned to look and HOLY SHIT!  That's a big snake!  It must've been 4 feet long!  Then he turned and looked at me and was like, "HOLY SHIT!" then took off like a shot into the fish tail palms.


Then there have always been the little ring necks.  They only get to be around a foot long at most.  Not very intimidating.  I saw one yesterday when I went to go check over the paint job on the house.  He was very close to where I saw the big racer.



I've never been afraid of snakes but they do have a tendency of giving start when you're not expecting them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Aww, that little ring snake is just adorable. There are supposed to live snakes over here too but I've never seen one, not even in the woods.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I used to think that the ring necks were baby racers until I started doing some investigating on the internet. Poor little guys are so tiny that I almost feel sorry for them.

So I guess snakes in your neck of the woods are kinda like the ROUS's? You don't believe they exist?

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home