Sunday, April 08, 2012

Once Upon A Time



I'll readily admit that I like the television show Once Upon A Time.  A lot.  I get psycho if something threatens to make me miss it.  I get a kick out of the humor.  Like in the episode Hat Trick, where they named the Mad Hatter Jefferson and his daughter Grace.  LOL   Jefferson Airplane much?!  But the absolute best part is Lana Parrilla as the Queen/Regina.  She totally rules.  Puns intended.  She's the one who keeps me coming back week after week. That woman needs to win an Emmy for this show. She blows me away with her performance.

Anyway, after re-watching the Hat Trick episode, I'm convinced that the Queen of Hearts is Regina's mother because of the dialogue between Regina and Jefferson as they were standing before the entrance to the Queen of Hearts' labyrinth:
Regina:   What I want is a short walk through.
Jefferson:  Short walk?  You know who this belongs to.
R:  The Queen of Hearts.  She's not one for subtlety.
J:   This wasn't part of the deal.  You know what she does to anyone who crosses her?
R:  Indeed.  Better than most.
The "better than most" has me convinced because Regina has first-hand experience with her control-freak, NPD mother Cora who killed Regina's true love Daniel the stable boy when Regina and Daniel tried to run off in the middle of the night to get married in direct defiance of Cora's desire for Regina to marry King Leopold.

I'm also convinced that someone on the writing team has had first hand experience with a NPD parent because of the way the relationship of Regina and her mother is portrayed.  It's classic NPD abuse and that would definitely have made Regina into what she is.

So basically I called it weeks ago.  It's so glaringly obvious to someone who grew up with an NPD/controlling mother.  I love being right.  It's like they have my life on video like in the Truman Show to get it so accurate.  And Cora's line, "I'm only trying to help you!"  Gawd, if I haven't heard that one a thousand times!   So I guess it's also pretty obvious why I have such an affinity for Regina.

3 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

We don't get that show on TV yet. looks interesting. Good to see Morrison working.

Have you seen BBC's Sherlock? It's pretty good as well.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:47:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I don't know if you can see it on ABC.com or not but the last 4 (I think) episodes are on there.

I don't think they've had Sherlock on Beeb America yet. I' have to look into it.

Hey, would you mind if I sent you my full-on dorkfest "Evil Regal" profile pic? I think you'll LOL.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:16:00 PM  
Anonymous arekino said...

A pic of your Buick Regal? What's to LOL about that? ;)

Oh well, I'll have a look. You know the address.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home