Sunday, April 22, 2012

Something odd that I was thinking about.


When I was a wee lass, I thought it might be fun to be a special effects makeup artist, with sci-fi and horror type stuff being my forte. Well, I didn't grow up to do that. So it's just a bit irritating to see this show on TV, knowing full well that that's something I would have been quite capable of doing if I had had something resembling supportive parents.

Now about the odd thing. I wanted to be in the movie industry or at least doing something artsy, but guess who actually has been in the movies? The peeps who lived in the houses on either side of where I lived when I was growing up. The bratty little girls on the one side were in Cocoon 2 and my friend on the other side was in Armageddon and The Water Boy. Now isn't that odd?

2 Comments:

Anonymous arekino said...

Such is the fickleness of the fates. I loath those three cranky old hags.

Are you looking forward to that new movie Prometheus BTW? People have pretty high expectations of it. Is there a cinema in your neighbourhood ?

There must be something that you could do?

Nah, I'm useless. Maybe I should become an actor and learn to act like I'm useful.

Monday, April 23, 2012 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Yes! It's like I'm being mocked. MOCKED! I tell you! And if that isn't bad enough, YOU know where I worked for 11 years. It was IN MY FACE ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME. Gah! Damn old crones! *shakes fist*

Are you looking forward to that new movie Prometheus Yes, it looks very cool, but I loathe sitting in a theater with noisy, irritating assholes who ruin the movie for everyone else. I'll just wait until it's out on video...usually takes about a month...and watch it in the comfort of my own home.

Nah, I'm useless. Oh, I don't know about that. You do a pretty good job of keeping me company! And as a woman it is my duty to tell you, being a man, that you are wrong. ;P

BTW, the Alien poster is because in space no one can hear you scream, and in cyberspace no one can hear you scream and they don't care! LOL

Monday, April 23, 2012 9:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home