Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Here We Go Again

Alright now, this is getting to be totally ridiculous, especially when instead of blogging about important things like my garden I'm once again having to report yet another crime happening literally right in front of my own house.

Ridiculous. Abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous.

The cops are still out in front of my place even as I'm sitting here typing this.

So this time, oh about 9 pm-ish, I hear a loud noise outside and then my pit bull starts going totally apeshit. I didn't think anything of it, just figured it was the indigenous arseholes being arseholes. About a half hour later, I get up from watching the tv to take the garbage out, open my front door and what do we have here? Yes. Cop cars all over the place and officers walking around out by the street with their flashlights, apparently looking for something.

Well, one of the officers saw me and came up to ask if I had seen or heard anything. I told him what ya see up there on the previous paragraph. He says to me, "Well, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but since it happened right in front of your house... a lady was walking home from the bus stop around the corner when she was approached by two black males. They tried to grab her purse and she fought back. One of them shot her in the upper chest/shoulder area."

Lovely.

I called my neighbor across the street to find out if she saw anything. The whole incident is what she saw. It turns out it was a friend of the lady who lives a few houses down on the other side from me. She was visiting from Trinidad.

Such a nice way to remember your trip to Florida, eh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Slutty McWho? said...

You never said if the woman survived! Do you know?! And does this kind of thing happen in your neighbourhood regularly. I bloody well hope not. Who knows what kind of undesirables will be lurking around on your blog as well! ;-)

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:33:00 PM  
Blogger FirstNations said...

I ran over a squirrel the other day....

*slinks off totally mortified*

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Mistress Slutty: The woman did survive. I saw her walking around in front of my place the very next day with a smallish bandage on her shoulder. It turned out that the injuries weren't that bad. My neighbor said that the woman didn't realize that she had been shot.

It used to be quiet around here until recently; now it's a weekly occurrence.

FN: So YOU are the one I'm to thank for the noticeable lack of tree rats around here! Shoulda told me you were down South! My mango crop is most appreciative! (gardening post alert!)

Oh, and just last night when I was coming home from grocery shopping...there's a police car blocking the street and I see more activity down by my place. This time around it was actually something positive as far as I'm concerned. I'll put up a post shortly to explain.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home