Sunday, April 06, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Well, not really. Since I live down in Florida, we don't have seasons like everyone else has; just wet season and dry season. We're just starting to get into the wet season now, and as it just so happens, at this precise moment, it's raining at monsoon proportions, coming down in nice, jaunty, sideways sheets. The news is reporting 35-40 mph wind gusts. Oh, yawny-yawny.

But anyhoo, I'm gonna post some lovely pictures from my garden, sans the beautiful lantana because I didn't take a picture of that yet (sorry FN, I'm such a tease).


This is one of my many bromeliads from the illustrious "Bromeliad Display." I'm not sure of the botanical name, since most of these are given to me by people who "just found it growing in the yard and thought you'd like it."


This is another of the unknown bromeliads. It has weird little white and red berry-looking thingies for blooms. As you can see, my bromeliads are quite happy growing on the ground even though they are supposed to be epiphytic (that's gardener talk for "grows up in a tree or something").


Here's a butterfly; one of the may varieties I get. (Blue plumbago in the background.)



And last but surely not least, my "pet" argiope spider, chawing down on some unfortunate insect. I love the way they wrap them up in a neat little package, suck their blood, and then chuck the lot over the side.

Well, that's all for now. Maybe I'll get some "wildlife" pics for the next post.

4 Comments:

Blogger FirstNations said...

YOUR GARDEN IS EXCELLENT! and i love that you have a pet spider too. i always have one. yours is fancier than mine usually are!
now get with the lantana snappifyin! or i shall be forced to deduce that you have not this so called lantana which has the brain of a duck you know! HA!

Monday, April 07, 2008 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

I shall get right on it. Of course, I didn't bother to mention the multi-coloured lantana that I used to have. It was something that just happened to sprout up in the middle of my side yard. It was so pretty that I didn't have the heart to mow it so it just got wild and out of control and started mingling with weeds (bad influences,*shakes head, tut*)and eventually I had to whack the lot of it. It's now trying to make a come-back what with all the rain we've had lately.

Monday, April 07, 2008 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

That spider looks like the thing that attacked Frodo.

Monday, April 07, 2008 6:25:00 PM  
Blogger Xul said...

Frodo was a cunt and deserved it.

Monday, April 07, 2008 8:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home