Sunday, November 23, 2008

That, And A Fire This Tall

You know what really burns my ass? All the fucking bullshit government interference and bureaucracy regarding every fucking aspect of your life. Any fucking thing that you want to do, the fucking government has thought up a way to make you pay dearly for. Want to go to the beach? Gotta pay a fucking meter. Want to go to the park? Gotta pay an entrance fee. Want to go hunting? Gotta buy a license AND permits. And what REALLY has me fired up-(puns if ya want 'em) you can't get the fucking license without first taking a god damned 16 hour Hunting Safety Course!

The fuck?!? Sixteen fucking hours? Are you fucking shitting me? Just what the fuck is so vitally important that it's going to take sixteen hours to learn? I already know how to shoot fucking guns and I know all about gun safety. And the nearest place to take the class is two hours up the road in fucking N. Palm Beach County?!?

Well fuck me. Not good enough that you've been handling guns pretty much all your life. Yeah, my parents started me off with an air rifle when I was a wee lass. Nowadays they would probably be arrested for child abuse or child endangerment or some such horseshit.

Long gone are the days of dispatching small quarry in the back yard with an air rifle. Now you'll be arrested for animal cruelty.

It's really all out of control. I know there are plenty of jackasses out there who ruin it for everyone because they have no sense and no respect, but still! Sixteen hours? I just can't take it. It really offends my libertarian sensibilities (there, I've outed myself). Land of the free my ass.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Sixteen hours. It didn't take that much time to prep for a fucking drivers license. That only took a four hour dumb ass class, five minutes on the DMV's computer for the written test, and a five minute spin around the DMV road test course (not actually driving on the road in real traffic, mind you). I'm pretty sure more people are killed with the deadly weapons known as automobiles each year than out in the fucking woods hunting.

[wanders off grumbling]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home