Thursday, October 08, 2009

Porcine Aeronautics


While trying to find a picture to go along with this post, I found this here site for a hostel in Amsterdam, which made me think of Arekino. Where the hell are ya, anyway? The last time you lurked around here was months ago! Don't make me come over there, Mister!

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled post. (HA!) Seems that Shut-In Girl across the street got the dreaded swine flu and was in the hospital for four days with double pneumonia to go along with it. Bummer. She, her bro, and their grandma were all shut up in the house for two weeks under quarantine. I would be fucking ready to kill if I had to be stuck in the house for that long. Weird thing is, she was the only one who got sick. Actually, that really doesn't surprise me at all since she eats the most piss poor diet, is quite over weight, and never gets out in the sun.

Eat properly, people! That's half the battle! And take a good liquid vitamin supplement. Get out in the sun so your body can make vitamin D. Take an extra vitamin D supplement just in case. Then you will hardly ever get sick. Unless, of course, you slack off like I did back in March. I think I got the dread pestilence before it was fashionable. Now thank Dr. Xul for the sermon.

This post is getting rambly. I blame Sirius 1st Wave. They're playing Ziggy Stardust as performed by Bauhaus and it is Teh Awesome.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

The sun? You mean that giant ball of burning heat up in the sky that roasts me to a crisp within 5 minutes? You're shitting me, right?

Yeah, we got the Swine Flu (really) back in March, and now we've got Martian Death Plague. I mean, honestly, what can I call it that's gonna top Swine Flu? Swine flu wasn't that bad, nowhere near as bad as this.

This is the first year I've had a flu since 1995. And I get 2 flus in one year! It must be the Apocalypse; I'm off to page Buffy.

Friday, October 09, 2009 1:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it weird that we both thought about Arekino tonight? I didn't mention him directly but, obviously, I was thinking of him when I wrote tonight's post. Williamx seems to have disappeared, too, but at least I've got a functioning email address for him.

Friday, October 09, 2009 1:57:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

@Sparrow Yeah, I made the mistake a couple months ago of going outside at high noon while wearing a tank top *gasp!* and got the full lobster effect! The only parts of my body that are used to the sun are my legs below the knee, my arms below the elbow, and my face.

I NEVER get the flu but I'm pretty sure I had the swine flu back in March before the panic. The worst part of it was the incessant damned coughing!

@Petrichoric I sent an email to Arekino a few months ago but never got a response. It was still a valid account-it didn't bounce back. I hope nothing bad happened to him.

Friday, October 09, 2009 2:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Synaura said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, October 12, 2009 1:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home