Friday, April 17, 2009

So, How'd It Go At Government Hell?

Aargh! Long story...just anything that the govt. runs turns into a rat fuck. (And people want them to run health care?!?) It used to be when you had to renew your license you could do it by mail. Well, since last Oct. all that has changed. I thought it was a law that the state had changed but noooo! it is actually a fed mandated thing. Now you are supposed to bring a birth cert, social security card, and proof of address.

I actually went online to make the appointment (NEVER go to the DMV without an appt!) and fill out the form. So I go in there today(they tell you to get there 15 early) I was actually 1/2 hr early. Walk in, the lady checks me in and I waited about 25 minutes. So when the examiner actually calls me up, Guess what? She doesn't ask for any of my documents! She just asks if I'm a citizen and is my address the same. What the fuck is the point of "preventing ID fraud/identity theft/heightened security" if they don't ask for documentation?

After I get my new pic taken I'm told to have a seat while the new license is being printed. So 1/2 hr later, the first lady who checked me in says, "you should have been finished a long time ago. Who waited on you?" So I told her. She goes to check, the first bitch never sent my info to print! So check-in lady told the other lady who was still there to do it since it was almost 5 pm and the other workers had already ran out of there like the place was on fire. So the other lady did it and it only took like 2 minutes.

I HATE the DMV. So my new pic makes me look homicidal. Can't imagine why. If you look at that picture long enough you will burst into flames! And you will probably deserve it. LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

"What the fuck is the point of "preventing ID fraud/identity theft/heightened security" if they don't ask for documentation?"

Lemme take a wild stab here and prognosticate that you are white and do not speak like Chekov?

Imagine that, lazy government workers (says the former government worker).

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger Xul said...

Correct in one! I was once a govt. worker as well so I know all to well and there is no changing it.

What I forgot to mention was the Moose-limb woman getting her picture taken with her hajib on. I wonder if they asked to see her docs. At least you could see her face unlike the douche nozzle who sued cuz she wanted her whole face covered.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:56:00 PM  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

I'd like to be able to sue over my DL pic. I swear I am much younger and hotter than what it depicts.

I just don't get it about that whole head-covering thing. Then again, I can't see how it makes sense to voluntarily cover yourself from head-to-toe if the weather's over 65. It gets to be 116 here in the summer, and I would fucking well go naked if I did not burst into flames in the open sunlight and if the sight of me didn't make the small children cry.

Religion does crazy things to people, or maybe it's just that it's the crazies who are drawn to religion, I don't know.

Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home